Older Games That If Done Right Should Be Remade.

eddyrhys

May 14, 2010
Hey,

I've recently got a little bored of my 360 as all the games I really want to play are coming out at the end of the year so I've dug out my older consoles and starting playing some of my favourite games such as The Punisher, The Suffering, Silent Hill 2, Soul Reaver etc. whilst playing through a lot of these games I realised how good it would be to see a remake of them. I don't mean a new game with a completly different storyline and shit but just a better looking version of the old game, same story and gameplay just in HD. I know that graphics don't make a game good but some of the scenes in the games are kinda ruined by bad graphics, especially in The Suffering.

So I ask you, if an older game you loved was remade in HD but still had all the bits you loved about it in, what game would you like to see?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
If "Done right" anything should be remade.
When done right, remakes honor the original while improving the graphics, and improving the gameplay with with everything we've learned about game design over the years.
The problem is that remakes are rarely done right.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
I would really like to see a Planescape: Torment with the same script but modern graphics. It would be really cool to see Sigil in 3-D.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
ET

/thread

no seriously if they do a game like ET right it could be really good.

eddyrhys

May 14, 2010
I forgot to put this at the top but a Shadow of the Colossus HD remake would be beautiful.

Coffinshaker

Feb 16, 2011
wanna toss in Jumping Flash! Love that game, but it's a PS1 and pretty dated. Would be great to see how it does in a PS3 environment.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Planetscape: Torment would be nice indeed. Actually wouldn't mind most of the old Forgotten Realms games to get a HD makeover

Thief 1 and 2. Don't even care for the graphics upgrade, I just want them to run on a modern rig so I can play them again.

Fallout 1 and 2. Still great games, but the low resolution, clunky graphics and interface just makes them difficult to play.

Greenhand

Jan 19, 2011
Another one that would be good: Baldur's Gate (1, 2 and all the extra bits).
I fucking love those games.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
System Shock, upgraded to include mouse look, and to run on modern machines, System Shock 2 upgraded to run on modern machines. No other changes, just get them out on the market.

Spencer Petersen

Apr 3, 2010
The system shock series could see an awesome remake if they preserve the depth and fear. Make the control smoother and add more gameplay elements and it would be awesome.

Guilherme Zoldan

Jun 20, 2011
Pokemon. Get Bioware to do a dark reimagining of the series in which the main character starts out as a bright-eyed boy wanting to become a trainer and after realizing the cruelty which is imposed on them by society, needs to choose between following his dream or fighting for the rights of his pokemon.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
AlexiVolkov said:
TIE Fighter

TIE Fighter

TIE Fighter

TIE Fighter

TIE Fighter
You stole my idea! And my avatar of JB! But yes, TIE Fighter is a must. Unfortunately, with the way Lucasarts does business nowadays, it would probably be released as a mediocre version of Rogue Squadron. Rogue Squadron is a fun series, but it is way too arcadey to contend with the old Flight Sims.