Jun 24, 2013
Candidus said:
Boris Goodenough said:
Candidus said:
Beasts and Bumpkins
How, where?
Give details, I am begging you!
Heheh, well...

It's a `Settlers` type of game from the DOS era. You have to build a village up, take care of your bumpkins, listen to them proposition each other in country accents:

"Oi dere 'ansome, fancy a bit'a nookie?"

And achieve certain milestones, accomplish certain map objectives...

It's brilliant, highly entertaining... *if* you can get it working.
It's a free download, found easily via google if you're willing to go through the hassle of compatibility troubleshooting.

Or, you can just catch a let's play on youtube.
i love this game

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I replay FarCry (that's number 1, not Dark, dusty Africa or Psycho tiger slicing island) from time to time (currently doing it on the hardest difficulty) because damn I love the game and there aren't too many games like it, especially from my collection.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Most of my favourite games are from the previous generation, so a lot.

Resident Evil 4
Okami
Ratchet and Clank 3
Metal Gear Solid 3
God of War

It all really depends how well the controls have aged whether or not I feel like replaying them still. The Jak and Daxter games for example... Not so much.

I recently bought Resident Evil 3 again, too, from psn. Just for yucks.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
I didn't realize Prototype 2 is considered "old". But then, I guess anything more than a year old is considered ancient now-a-days.

Anyway, I occasionally play quite a few older games. Some of my more common revisits:

Half-Life
Homeworld
Zork
MechWarrior 2, 3, 4
Banjo-Kazooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
MechCommander 2
Sven Co-op
Quake 3
Doom 2
Super Smash Bros
Company of Heroes
Starcraft
Diablo 2
Freespace 2

Aug 19, 2010
I have a tendency to seek out games older than me (not all too that difficult, considering.), but it's not a prerequitsite...

I've been playing Castlevania:SotN on my vita, I also replay broken sword 1 & 2 from time to time. The very first worms game "runs in the family" and the freespaces are being played too.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I play a lot of old school FPS games, as well as PSX+PS2 games. In fact, I probably play more dated games each year than I do newer releases. It's certainly cheaper.

Whoracle

Jan 7, 2008
In no particular order:
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion
System Shock 1 & 2
Thief 1 & 2, as well as the Cradle from 3
Portal
Diablo 1 & 2
StarCraft 1
WarCraft 2
Secret Of Mana
Terranigma

But then, I find that the older I get, the less new games excite me. Not on an individual basis, but overall. Less games I am hyped with, not being less hyped by games, so to say. And thus I play old games a lot more than new games.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Play any JK2/JK3 multiplayer?

OP:

Definitely a fair amount. Some original Super Smash Bros., Jedi Academy, and Unreal Tournament/Unreal Tournament 2004.

I'd also say Halo 3 but I don't think people would count that as old yet.

eimatshya

Nov 20, 2011
I still play the original Dark Forces, although that's probably the oldest game I play with any regularity.

Beyond that, I've played Final Fantasy Tactics and Fallout 2 at least once a year since they came out.

I play Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines pretty often, as well.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Pokemon Leaf Green
Pokemon Emerald
Megaman Battle Network
Megaman Battle Network 2
Megaman Battle Network 3 White
Megaman Battle Network 4 Red Sun
Megaman Battle Network 5 Team Protoman
Megaman Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Dragonball Z: The Legacy of Goku
Dragonball Z: The Legacy of Goku 2
Dragonball Z: Buu's Fury
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

These are the oldest games I replay on several occasions, when I don't feel like playing on my Wii U, PS3 or 3DS. All of which are fuckin' amazing.

I also still play:

Tales of Symphonia
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Mega Collection
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic Heroes
Luigi's Mansion
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

Also all of which are fuckin' awesome.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Duke Nukem 3D
GTA III
Arma: Cold War Assault (or something like that)

Basicly when my brother is on the home computer I have to use my crappy laptop so I'll play some old games

Amaury_games

Oct 13, 2010
My all time favorites: Super Mario Bros. 3 (on SNES - Mario All Stars; or my GBA Advance), Super Castlevania IV, Super Bomberman 4 and 5, Tetris Attack, Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros. and Mellee, Mario Kart Double Dash (GC), Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, Mortal Kombat 2, Super Mario World, Deadlock (Strategy game on PC), and Touhou 6 and 7 (Bullet-hell shooters on PC).
I love my SNES so much! ^_^

Zeh Don

Jul 27, 2008
I play older titles all the time. I don't see why people wouldn't - there are so many amazing games from previous generations! At the end of each generation, I just trade in all of the games I know I'll never play again, leaving a small collection of the classics that I always revisit.

So, I have my SNES, N64, PS2 and original Xbox set up in my study on a little 15" LCD TV, while my Xbox 360 and PC are hooked up to my 27" 120hz gaming monitor. I've got about... 10-20 titles for each console, and hundreds for my PC.
At the moment I'm playing through Final Fantasy X for the first time, and I'm replaying Grand Theft Auto 3 on my Xbox. I'm going to play through Link to the Past again once those are done, and I'm even thinking of having another round of Space Station Silicon Valley because fuck anyone who doesn't love that game.

But, there are five or six games I always go back to:
Doom 3
Resident Evil 4
Halo 2
Deus Ex
Chrono Trigger
Supreme Commander (is this old-ish?)

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
Most old Apogee games qualify, as do quite a few 1990s-era Epic Megagames releases.

Outside of games which could be downloaded back in the day, I'll nominate Under A Killing Moon. Damn good adventure game, and back when it was released in 1994, was the first game Australian PC User gave 10/10.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3.

I'm slowly working my way to getting 100% with each character, it's really not as bad as it sounds as one character can be done is less than an hour or so.

krugerrand123

Apr 6, 2010
I am just starting to get around to all the old PlayStation two RPGs, so I have been playing Persona 4, Persona 3: FES, and I have shin megami tensei 3 in my back catalog. I have also been playing some of the SNES RPG's, like final fantasy 6, crono trigger, earthbound, and shin megami tensei 1 and 2.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
Well, as far slightly recent games go, every Far Cry game, Oblivion, and pretty much every Metal Gear Solid.

As far as older games? Ocarina of Time, no question. Also the Turok games. And Shadows of the Empire. Pretty much my entire N64 collection. Also Legend of the Dragoon I pull out a few times. I've played Final Fantasy X countless times as well.

Aramis Night

Mar 31, 2013
Lately i've been playing a lot of Titan Quest. Its a diablo type arpg based on Age of Mythology. I've been pretty blown away by it and am looking forward to the new game being made by the team who created it, Grim Dawn.

Before that i played Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines because so many people on this forum were talking it up. After completing it, i completely agree. It was a masterpiece.