Oldest game you still have the box for?

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
I have the original box for Baldur's Gate. Sadly everything I had for my first consoles (SNES followed eventually by the Genesis) was sold or given to friends when I upgraded. Seemed a good idea at the time, but I rather miss them now.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I have a FFVII case with the games. It isn't actually mine, but I'm keeping it :p
It's in my old house though, but I'm bringing it to play on my PS3, I only just found out they can play PSX games.

Xaryn Mar

Sep 17, 2008
Define box.
Are we talking boxes as in a box wherein there is some disks, a manual and other stuff as games usually were in during the 80' and 90' or just the dvd/cd box?

If it is the later then I guess it is syndicate and UFO - Enemy Unknown for the PC otherwise I think it is the game that I bought/got (can't realy remember) in 89/90 for my Amiga 500. That is unless it got thrown out last time I had to move...

snugglesgold

Apr 22, 2009
Chaos, that's an old game for the spectrum (tape boxes count right?), unfortunately I've dumped all my zx81 stuff.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
tryx3 said:
So, Whats the oldest game you still have the box for? Mine would be the original age of empires, or halo CE, for the pc.
Wait, Age of Empires was 1997 and Halo was 2003. That's one hell of an "or".

As for me... possibly one of my SNES games, or else one of my older PC titles. I definitely have PC games from as early as 1996, but that's still post-SNES. I'm struggling to think what I have that's older. The most likely candidate is my Front Page Sports Football, although I forget which version.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. I got it for Christmas in 2000 as part of my PS1 library. I was the one who wanted it, and my brother ended up being better at it than I. Literally never played another skating game after that.

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
All of my games.
So, erm...probably Destruction Derby on the PS1. Or Tekken. Not sure which is older.
I think Destruction Derby was the first game on the PS1, or close to it. Manual's included with these games.
I didn't really go for the N64 thing due to lack of funds.

Blimey

Nov 10, 2009
I have the box that my Atari Pong system came in. Its looking a little worse for wear these days though.

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
Pffffff, I guess it'd be Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. My oldest games are all PS1, but I got rid of the cases for a disc-folder.

DethVanXan

Arch Inquisitor
Nov 23, 2009
The first Fallout, from 1997. I have older games (The first Elder Scrolls), but Fallout is the only one I still have the box for.

deckai

Oct 26, 2009
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 or Sim City 3000... back from the days, when Ubisoft and EA weren't dicks...