On Cowboys

Colonel Mustard

Jun 2, 2010
Why do I have the feeling that 'the bit where they start making out' was a contribution from Scary Penny?

I miss Scary Penny... :(

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Erin can you please keep your nasty fan fiction confined to the dark parts of the Internet. ...PLEASE!!!

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Oh, crack fiction.

The sad part is that crack pairings are almost universally written better than ones that are actually plausible... authors have to go that extra mile to make it at least seem plausible.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Please Erin, don't do anything to Spike Spiegel.
He's one of the only Cowboys in fiction to not be presented like this!

Erin ... plz.
Don't kill my childhood!

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
Spike & co. would be more likely to be chasing down the Firefly crew than joining up with them. But yeah, it kinda works.

madigan

Oct 27, 2010
Yup.

This pretty much.

Even if it was just horrible fan service I can't deny that if Joss Whedon were to create a sexy Firefly/Cowboy Bebop mashup I could die content with the state of the world.

My God, what have I become!

Alarien

Feb 9, 2010
Never understood why people enjoyed Cowboy Bebop. I tried really hard to get into it, but it just seemed so ... bland. I think maybe Jet was the only actually likeable character in the show. I guess it's just one those personal taste things.

That said, I think Firefly is well played out and, despite being cancelled early, it was wrapped up in a way that ended up satisfying enough. Same with Farscape. I'd like to look forward to new IP's rather than people spending all their time mooning for old properties.

We'll always have Firefly. I'd like to see some neat, new universes.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Alarien said:
Never understood why people enjoyed Cowboy Bebop. I tried really hard to get into it, but it just seemed so ... bland. I think maybe Jet was the only actually likeable character in the show. I guess it's just one those personal taste things.

That said, I think Firefly is well played out and, despite being cancelled early, it was wrapped up in a way that ended up satisfying enough. Same with Farscape. I'd like to look forward to new IP's rather than people spending all their time mooning for old properties.

We'll always have Firefly. I'd like to see some neat, new universes.
I enjoyed it and I don't like anime. The hacker guy/girl ed was kinda annoying but the Ein, Spike, Jet and Faye were all great and enjoyable.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I didn't want an image of Spike making out with with Mal in my head. *Thinks of Faye sexing up another female character in random sci-fi series.* There much better. Erin's yuri fangirl fiction isn't giving me nightmare's tonight. Now to quell the nightmares that Joss Wedon, J. J. Abrams, or any other overhyped writer/director getting the helm of the BeBop live action film. *Thinks of Quentin Tarrentino writing a script with lots of dialog about life in the Red Dragon Crime Syndicate, with the intention of casting Samuel L. Jackson as Jet.* Well, at least it will be bloody and hilarious, while having the same mood as the show even if the story veers off a little.

Barciad

Apr 23, 2008
Cowboy Bebop had it's moments. It was a touch overhyped and felt a bit insubstantial, not to mention episodic. A shame really, considering the excellent premise and characters, a first rate show was a distinct possibility.
A Joss Weadon remake would have to revolve around a gradual arc, ala GoT or BSG. Also, casting would be vital. Sean Penn for Spike.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...Though I probably wouldn't go the route that Erin has in mind, I'd love to see a Cowboy Bebop/Firefly crossover (done well of course, God knows there's enough bad fanfiction on the internet... Trust me, I've seen enough of that...)

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Good thing I haven't seen Firefly and only seen one episode of Bebop, otherwise I might be clawing my eyes out right now. At first I was a bit "huh", but then I recognized who the others aside from Spike were supposed to be, I chuckled merrily.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Colonel Mustard said:
Why do I have the feeling that 'the bit where they start making out' was a contribution from Scary Penny?

I miss Scary Penny... :(
I'm pretty sure it's just Erin being Erin.

canadamus_prime said:
Erin can you please keep your nasty fan fiction confined to the dark parts of the Internet. ...PLEASE!!!
I thought she was. HEYO!

Robyrt said:
Spike & co. would be more likely to be chasing down the Firefly crew than joining up with them. But yeah, it kinda works.
That's the beauty of fanfic. It doesn't have to make sense.

CrazyGirl17 said:
...Though I probably wouldn't go the route that Erin has in mind, I'd love to see a Cowboy Bebop/Firefly crossover (done well of course, God knows there's enough bad fanfiction on the internet... Trust me, I've seen enough of that...)
Now I want to see Firefly cross over with Galaxy Rangers.

bartholen said:
Good thing I haven't seen Firefly and only seen one episode of Bebop, otherwise I might be clawing my eyes out right now. At first I was a bit "huh", but then I recognized who the others aside from Spike were supposed to be, I chuckled merrily.
Judging from your avatar, clawing your eyes out might not do any good.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Barciad said:
Cowboy Bebop had it's moments. It was a touch overhyped and felt a bit insubstantial, not to mention episodic.
That would probably be because of the episodes.

Glibness aside though, I think CB's episodic structure is what makes it so brilliant. Like most of Watanabe's work, it's a mashup of multiple genres, which is reflected in the very wide range of storylines (some of which are good enough to drive entire seasons of lesser shows). The actual story-driven, Spike vs Vicious stuff is actually the weakest part of the series, imo.