On Ends and New Beginnings

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011

Greetings Escapists!

For the past two years it has been my privilege to be this publication's Community Manager. I've met you guys through social events like March Mayhem, moderation disputes, giveaways, at the Escapist Expo or by just hanging out together in the forums. I'm constantly impressed by your compassion, insight and intelligence as a community, and I can genuinely say that being invited to work with you has helped me to be a better and wiser person. Thank you all for that.

But even the sweetest songs must eventually end. It's time to close this lovely chapter and begin the next step in my life's journey. I'm beginning law school in less than a month at my alma mater, UNC - Chapel Hill. I bet that will surprise roundabout none of you, hah.

I know the thought of me leaving may concern some, but remember: Don't Panic! I will still be around the site, poking around as a regular member of the mod team and publishing reviews as I can. You can also expect to see me at Expo, so please come out and say hi!

S0osleepie (assisted by JonB) will be stepping into my shoes, so please feel free to go to them with questions or concerns about the site. They are both extremely capable and kind people, and I hope that you will treat them with the courtesy I know that you are capable of.

Yours truly,
Ma'idah Nasrin Lashani

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I would say I'd miss you, but you're still hanging around :D

Also good luck with law school, although I'm sure you'll ace it anyway.

And finally, all hail our new Community Overlord, S0osleepie, and Community Minion, JonB! =P

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
So we're trading a law school student for a law school graduate.

...are we that bad? :)

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Sad to see you go, Nas!
There was only really you and Susan who were my inspirations on here, now you're both gone? ):
Best of luck in the future~~ ♥

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Another girl as Community Manager? And I was hoping I didn't have to suck my tummy in when appealing mod decisions anymore!

Also:
http://denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw702_pinkiewave.gif

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Best of luck Nasrin.

In that photo - was it tickly having that girl nuzzle your head like that..?

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Thank goodness what's going to happen isn't as bad as I thought when I read the title...

I hope the new Community Managers will do as good of jobs as you.

Oh, and be sure to quote Ace Attorney whenever you can in law school!

Fairy Fatale

Mar 7, 2013
Best of luck to you, Nasrin.

I don't really know you beyond that one video I saw you do (must have been bad sound quality or something), but you seem pretty cool. I hope you do well for yourself!

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
:<

Good luck, Nasrin. You were always one of the best working on the sites, especially after people like Arendt left :<

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
We've already discussed your departure elsewhere, but I felt I had to make my despair Escapist-official. In case you were wondering, this is what I looked like when I found out:

Good luck Nas! See you in October!

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Oh well, good luck on your academic endeavours, hope you achieve your goals and all that.
If it's worth anything you were pretty good at managing this community, so yeah you're a cool cat, and thanks for everything, especially stuff I hope you don't remember :D

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Nasrin said:
But even the sweetest songs must eventually end.
Nooo! Where's the repeat button??! Youtube tells me there's always a repeat button! D:

OT: Good luck with your schooling, and do join in our shenanigans from time to time. :)

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
All the sadness I feel please make it stop! D:
What's with all the people leaving/stepping down from their positions here. I mean we lost Susan, Russ, Steve, I don't see Logan, or John Funk around anymore either. Makes me even sadder.
At least you aren't fully leaving us, but it's still sad because I loved you as Community Manager. On another note, you know you've been on this site for a long time when you remember the other Community Managers as well.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Sad to see you go, but at least you're still hanging around in some capacity.

Good luck in Law School Nas and maybe I'll get to see you again at the Expo. :D

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Well It's sad to see you go but I can understand the reasons for going back to school. Hell I just graduated college and I am already thinking of going back for a masters degree at some point in the near future. Though it is really sad to see you go and I wish you the best of luck in law school!