On Reviews

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Best punchline I've seen in this comic in awhile XD

Also, I agree with your little column below the strip, though I don't think you give this community enough credit. Many of us do in fact jump on each other's shit when our peers get out of line in this regard.

Apr 28, 2008
secretsantaone said:
How about readers are just a bunch of people with different opinions rather than one conglomerate.
As are reviews are game journalists.

Both sides could sand to not treat the other as some giant hive-mind.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
This might actually be my favorite critical miss strip thus far.
Erins cheschire cat like smile in the last few panels really made me crack xP

Irridium said:

The thing is...there are fishy things going on with established reviewers and sites.

Nice TLDR post on the topic if your interested: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8579

Doesnt apply to all game reviewers of course (i doubt escapist reviewers get invited by companies on fancy tours and get showered in gifts...or do they?) but yeh, this mistrust of reviewers aint based on nothing.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
Heh.
nicely done,
i'd have gone with Quantum queefer and Schrodinger's shrubbery personally tho

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
secretsantaone said:
How about readers are just a bunch of people with different opinions rather than one conglomerate.
I doubt someone's reviewing/comic/whatever style has much to do with just how much semen said reviewer consumes beside their cheerios every morning, but sometimes people with these "opinions" seem to think so.

I think this is what the comic and following description was getting at. You can express distaste with something without implying that the reviewer enjoys cocrophilia.

Luckily, though, as many flaws as this site's community has, that isn't one of them. At least not often.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
From my experience, there's no such thing as a non-intrusive and non-irritating ad on the internet (billboards, maybe). Youtube have created ads that you can skip and ads that just show up on the bottom of the screen, and people still rag on endlessly about them.

People just don't like ads.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
This strip was made of pure unadulterated win.

Well...actually I'm not sure if I can use the term "unadulterated" since I shouldn't let my nephew anywhere within farting distance of the content of this comic...

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
HA!
I know there was a lot of serious journal stuff at the end but. That punch line was so freaking funny especially the last frame with just the eye and the speech bubble leaking into his ear.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Viking Incognito said:
Erin's facial expressions in the bottom row of panels are fucking classic.
Yes indeed. The last three are just too funny.

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
I don't know what's stupider...the idea some people would suggest a critic gives a game a certain score based on how much pogo-sticking is going on in her snatch...or the idea said critic would take such suggestions SERIOUSLY.

secretsantaone

Mar 9, 2009
BX3 said:
secretsantaone said:
I doubt someone's reviewing/comic/whatever style has much to do with just how much semen said reviewer consumes beside their cheerios every morning, but sometimes people with these "opinions" seem to think so.

I think this is what the comic and following description was getting at. You can express distaste with something without implying that the reviewer enjoys cocrophilia.

Luckily, though, as many flaws as this site's community has, that isn't one of them. At least not often.
It's just an exaggeration, most often than not used for comic effect. The opinion is just "this sucks".

Irridium said:
secretsantaone said:

Game reviewers are a lot closer together as they share the same profession and thus have to use the same techniques to stay afloat.

Readers can be literally anyone with a passing interest in videogames.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Despair, for I have seen the beast and it is everywhere. Destruction shall engulf all! No man is safe!

And even with this few physicists will ever get laid.

I'll just go, before I get a brick to the head for being dumb and trying to make jokes.

(Good comic today guys. It did make me grin and question how this possibly works). Not the physics just the... it's indescribable at the moment.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Schrodingers Pussy omg hahahah. You win the internets Mr. Carter. Those facial expressions are priceless

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Renegade-pizza said:
Panel 5 was priceless!!

And thank Big Bang Theory for making the last panel understandable.
As I recall, TBBT failed to mention that Schrödinger's thought experiment was intended as satire.