One for the Brits - Barry Chuckle has passed away aged 73

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
As a young northern brit- 2 things got me through the cold winter months. Gravy, and Chucklevision (hosted by the chuckle brothers, Barry and Paul). Sadly, Barry Chuckle has passed away, and I can't help but feel a hole in my heart.

I saw a meme earlier that broke me

Paul Chuckle: To Me
Paul Chuckle: To Me
Paul Chuckle: Barry? Barry where are you?

Rest in piece you comedic giant, with your rap video and nightclub appearances. You will be missed.

(also, full episodes of chucklevision are up on Youtube legally.)

Apr 5, 2008
Oh how sad :-( They were a large part of so many childhoods. So funny and warm. I saw them live once, many years ago, TV legend. I love the more recent Hitman live action video they did.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
This hit me harder than I thought it would, Chucklevision was a massive part of my childhood. Rest in peace you legend:(

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
So how long before kids start coming out to talk about the abuse? I've noticed a pattern these last few years with older celebs when they die...

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Silentpony said:
So how long before kids start coming out to talk about the abuse? I've noticed a pattern these last few years with older celebs when they die...
This isn't really the right place for it but the case of Jimmy Saville was something I always found very disturbing, partly because we don't know how many more people like him there are in the media and we only might find out what they're guilty of once they're dead.

Of course I'm sure most people in the media are perfectly decent and I don't think we should assume a childrens entertainer might have been a molester after he died. I'm not familiar with the Chuckle Brothers, I'm not british but as long as there's no reason to assume he was anything other than a good person, we shouldn't.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Silentpony said:
This isn't really the right place for it but the case of Jimmy Saville was something I always found very disturbing, partly because we don't know how many more people like him there are in the media and we only might find out what they're guilty of once they're dead.

Of course I'm sure most people in the media are perfectly decent and I don't think we should assume a childrens entertainer might have been a molester after he died. I'm not familiar with the Chuckle Brothers, I'm not british but as long as there's no reason to assume he was anything other than a good person, we shouldn't.
That's probably fair. I just get an icy chill every time a celeb I liked dies, because there's always that chance and they seem to be coming with shocking regularity. I'm still waiting for adults to come forward about Mr. Rodgers.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
That's a shame, Chucklevision was a superb show and they always had a great energy about them. I hope Paul is ok.

Apr 17, 2009
The Chuckle Brothers often seems to get written off as "just entertainers for kids" which always seems to overlook that they're goddamn great entertainers for kids who've been doing it for several decades. Their career is long and successful and deserves more respect than it gets. I hope Barry gets his proper dues

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I hated Chucklevision, although I was perhaps a little old for it.

But my personal comedy taste aside, they always seemed like genuinely cheery and nice people and were much loved by many, the longevity of their career being testament to that. That's what counts and they should be fondly remembered for.