One Million Moms Want Same-Sex Archie Comic Out of Toys 'R' Us

May 17, 2010
bringer of illumination said:
Cid SilverWing said:
I have a problem with people who say everyone has a "right to their own opinion" even when it comes to such disgusting topics as homophobia.

Seriously, anti-hate speech was established so freedom of speech wouldn't be abused to raise more hate for vulnerable groups. Don't then fucking backpedal and say people have a right to HATE on, in this case, homosexuals.
You DO know that what you're saying basically amounts to: "People have the right to their own opinion, except when I don't like their opinion!"

Either EVERYTHING is free-speech, or there isn't any free-speech.

If society was dominated by homophobes, then they could use the EXACT same argument as you did, That you shouldn't be allowed to voice your "disgusting" opinion that homosexuality is all right.

I have absolutely nothing against homosexuality, but i do have something against people like you who try to stifle free-speech. There are plenty of people who I think have disgusting opinions, but I would never EVER, even consider taking away their right to say what they think. In fact I find your attitude to be way more disgusting than any homophobe or racist.

Freedom of Speech applies to everything, even opinions you don't like.

Deal. With. It.
God yes.

People don't see how utterly self defeating and damaging the stripping away of individual liberties is.

Look, this whole thing that "people don't have a right to hate" is rather creepy. What are you suggesting, prison terms for people who hate things?

I find the idea that if I see something homophobic I would instantly be swayed to it's cause and as such need a government mandarin to protect me to be utterly patronizing.

So again, homophobia isn't just wrong but stupid, however believing that people should therefore be punished for having any different opinion is idiocy.

ToastyMozart

Mar 13, 2012
Akalabeth said:
To be fair, the mom's are not so much protesting gay-marriage as they are protesting exposing children to the concept of it at a young age. Thus it is less about the rights of consenting adults and more about the psychological impact on children.
What "Psychological impact"?
Is the knowledge that some men like men and vice-versa going to put them in a coma? Are they going to BSOD?

Most kids would react to their parent telling them "Well ___, some men fall in love with another man and they want to spend their lives together, so they get married." with "Oh, ok."

Is it that their kids can't handle it, or that THEY can't handle it. I'm pretty sure they make it clear how little credit they give their kids intellect.