One War to kill them all

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
cainx10a said:
stormcaller said:
I3uster said:
stormcaller said:
KaZZaP said:
There's some talk about WoW and Warhammer and I can't control my fanboyism anymore. WoW copied Dark age of Camelot which was made by the designers of Warhmmer online. And Starcraft copied Warhammer 40k. I dunno what Diablo ripped off but I'm willing to bet it wasn't an original idea.

P.S. Just because its a rip of doesn't mean I'm not super stoaked for it.... come on D3 come out allready...
Actually as much as I know Diablo was a bought as an idea which Blizzard fleshed out.
What most people dont know is that the first warcraft was inteded to be a warhammer game, but they didnt get the rights, so they changed the name (VERY CREATIVE) and made a few twist here and there...

Oh I love this arguement,

Yes admittedly Warcraft 1 was similar and It's popularity must of made the Warhammer guys kick themselves then you have Warcraft 2 which twisted even more and showed alot of separation from Warhammer and beginnings of a new,very immersive world and then you get Warcraft 3 which is very,very unique when compared to other Fantasy settings of the time (off the top of my head: 1. Orcs aren't evil and actually quite honourable however they were corrupted by a Demonic force 2.Said demonic force was also in the control of the Undead leader it's usually either just Undead or demons. 3. Humans and Elves are not all paragons of virtue) and now we have WoW which on face value isn't all that different to some of the earlier MMO's but if you look and listen carefully you see the gems that prove to you your in the world of Azeroth, and now in a version of "look who's copying who now" The Warhammer people(don't know the companies name) also made a MMO and one that simply put is an upgraded version of WoW with Warhammer setting.

(Sorry if that was a bit ashish of me, but it's annoying when you hear Warhammer fanboys spout that over and over again
Not only did you try to be an ashish, but you turned out to be a pretty uninformed person too, Mythic's Warhammer Online is NOTHING like WoW. Just doing a wiki search might help you a little bit.

And yeah, it's a FACT that Blizzard's Warcraft and Starcraft are ripped-off of the Warhammer universes.

I'm very,very sorry, I forgot to add "with a more PvP focus" I think that's about it after that.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
The 7 Hour War: Half-life 2

In the 41st Millenium, there is ONLY war!: Warhammer 40k

The One Year War: Mobile Suit Gundam

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Fallout universe... After a couple hundred nukes fell the people didn't seem to be all that into war anymore...

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
stormcaller said:
Oh yeah I forgot to add my one! probably if the lore behind ever develops properly then the 4th Azerothian War(started in a WOTLK quest) would be epic.

Please use this button rather than posting again.

On topic, I'd say that many current conflicts aren't really explored. Is it "Too Soon" or something?

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
I really like the galaxy spanning war used in Starcraft, and also the huge wars depicted in Dark Reign and Dark Reign 2.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
I hate the way WAR ripped off WOW, almost as much as I hate the way The Phantom Menace totally ripped off Spaceballs.

Apart from Jar Jar Binks it's nowhere near as funny.

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Well, I can't think of a game war that was good, but I know of a real war that is kinda funny. The war of 1812, why? you ask yourself, because who really won that? British burnt down the White house, America got a economy boost, and Candians got to stay Candians

BiscuitWheels

Jan 10, 2009
Snowalker said:
Well, I can't think of a game war that was good, but I know of a real war that is kinda funny. The war of 1812, why? you ask yourself, because who really won that? British burnt down the White house, America got a economy boost, and Candians got to stay Candians

David Gerald (as Solomon Short) said it best: The only winner of the War of 1812 was Tchaicovsky.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
I've remembered another one the war in the KuF games are very cool.

Jamash said:
I hate the way WAR ripped off WOW, almost as much as I hate the way The Phantom Menace totally ripped off Spaceballs.
Sorry but this sounds like sarcasm, is it?

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
stormcaller said:
Jamash said:
Sorry but this sounds like sarcasm, is it?
Of course it is, how could such a dumb statement be any but sarcasm?

BiscuitWheels

Jan 10, 2009
jebussaves88 said:
Warhammer 40 K. Next question please.
I never was as into WH40k as I was plain ol' Warhammer fantasy. I think it's because there's really no one to relate too. The humans are basically Nazis In Space, the Eldar are arrogant gits, Chaos look like heavy metal rejects and the Orks..well, I like the orks. They aren't as bloody serious about everything.