Online multiplayer - father and son

conejeitor

Nov 28, 2013
Hi Guys,
I have been playing local multiplayer 2D platformers with my son, such as Rayman legends/origins,and he loves them.
I´m going on a trip for almost a month, and I would like to keep in touch with him, and what a better way to do it (with a 4 year-old) that by gaming.
So I´d appreaciate a lot, recomendations of 2d platformers that kids can play, and that I could play online with my son from far away (I understand it cannot be done on Rayman).
Thanks a lot.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
conejeitor said:
It would likely help if we knew what your systems were.

No matter the system (though it's not quite a platformer), the Lego Star Wars (and many of the Lego games period are excellent for young and old). They can be very hit and miss though so make sure to Google a few reviews for them if you're interested.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
tippy2k2 said:
conejeitor said:
It would likely help if we knew what your systems were.

No matter the system (though it's not quite a platformer), the Lego Star Wars (and many of the Lego games period are excellent for young and old). They can be very hit and miss though so make sure to Google a few reviews for them if you're interested.
Only 1 of the Lego games has online MP.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
conejeitor said:
Hi Guys,
I have been playing local multiplayer 2D platformers with my son, such as Rayman legends/origins,and he loves them.
I´m going on a trip for almost a month, and I would like to keep in touch with him, and what a better way to do it (with a 4 year-old) that by gaming.
So I´d appreaciate a lot, recomendations of 2d platformers that kids can play, and that I could play online with my son from far away (I understand it cannot be done on Rayman).
Thanks a lot.
Well, you can play Guacamelee. It is a fun platformer with mexican/wrestling setting. You will mostly fight skeleton-ish enemies, but everything is cartoonish, so it's not scary.
It is avaliable on PS3/Vita and on Steam for PC.

Suave Charlie

Pleasant Bastard
Sep 23, 2009
I once played doubles against a father and son team, we were winning pretty convincingly and it enraged the son who started getting really mouthy, so the father forfeited the game to go tell his son off. Best win ever.

OT: Lego indiana jones 2, great humour for both you and your lad.
Fable 2 onwards is probably a bit much I guess, but great nonetheless.
If your son is a prodigal; Portal 2 :D

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
little big planet or little big planet 2 or little big planet vita. seriously these games are amazing whether you are playing a level or just making something together

conejeitor

Nov 28, 2013
Thanks guys for the answers, I´ll try some of those.
I have a PC, by the way. Any other suggestions on that platform?