OnLive Offers $10 Monthly Cloud Gaming Plan

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Fumbleumble said:
Do people really prefer this to having their own games?

I could never accept a service like this.. I want my discs where I can see them.
Well, people already sacrifice the ownership of their games in exchange for convenience by using digital distribution services like Steam and Impulse. In some ways, this is just another step further down that road. But yes, I too prefer my games on discs.

I still think OnLive should have been a pure rental service rather than an attempt to combine Steam and Netflix.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
All the bad things about Onlive are being killed off by the month! Mabye in another 60 it will be bug free for non HD content!

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
And here I was sure this thing would go the way of the phantom console. Cool to see it actually happening.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
Too bad not all the games are included. There's not really anything really appealing among the 14 titles yet, but in principle it's great. Plus, given you can suspend and reactivate subscriptions, if one of the 14 (or more eventually) strikes your fancy, $10 to play it for a month is quite worth it I think.

The console I'm curious about - certainly playing on a TV is more convenient, but OnLive still seems best for people with netbooks or laptops.

MazeMinion

Mar 7, 2010
My main problem with OnLive is that not everyone is on a very fast connection.

My 600kb/s probably wouldn't work too well.