OnLive Tosses a Bigger Bone to Early Adopters

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
Asehujiko said:
Flying-Emu said:
I'm actually curious to know if this will work or not. It would be wonderful to never have to upgrade my computer again.
1. You are greatly overestimating their willingness to provide support for outdated machinery. You'll still be going to upgrade, you can just skimp about ?50 every other year by buying lower end parts. Their fees are higher then that.
2. Server outage = no gaming for you. This "service" = DRM. DRM servers = unreliable pieces of shit. Connect the dots.
3. This is a US only "service" so you won't be able to game abroad. Personally, as an European, I'm basically excluded anyway.
4. If a publisher wants you to play a sequel, they can revoke your access to your current game.
5. If a publisher quits the program, your access to their games are revoked.
6. Input lag.
7. You either need a gigantic internet connection to receive the raw data or several top of the line videocards to decode encrypted data realtime with minimal lag.
8. If onlive goes under, you loose all your games.
9. No mods..
10. Running 25.000 games and encrypting 25.000 hd streams requires a ton of processing power.
11. The entire setup is fishy. Their "older, mid range laptop" "streaming" crysis looks suspiciously like an Alienware mobile desktop with a dust cover on it's back.
You're cute. Trying to dissuade me from a service that isn't even operational yet, you likely haven't tried, and that I merely expressed interest in.

Find a better use for your time :)
Ahem, I'd like to remind you that you are not conversing via PM.

That comment may have been a reply directed at you but it is to the benefit of everyone else who reads this thread, it was certainly enlightening to me.

"You're cute... Find a better use of your time."

And that is trollishly patronising against someone who actually contributes something tangible to the debate on this forum. I don't know if you are being passive-aggressive or just obstructionist but your response was nothing but to make his very reasonable response seem unreasonable.