Open mic night (What do you sound like?)

YicklePigeon

Jan 3, 2012
Xpwn3ntial said:
I am really not satisfied with how this turned out, but whatever.

I'm sorry it sounds so metallic. I don't actually have good microphone with me so I had to use the one in my computer.
Gah, I knew there was someone I missed out in my last post - you should work the metallic nature into your portfolio, just think of the potential for robot voices! I'm kidding, you sound okay to me; deep (but not boot-level deep) with a little bit of gravel in there for good measure. Yeah, a good sounding voice indeed. :)

Dr.Susse said:
Do you do stand up at all? I can see those being good opening gags at The Comedy Store - I'm not kidding, they're quite good from the 42 seconds I've listened to thus far. Like the accent too!

And Overusedname, I'm drawing a blank right now. Probably because of the time, so I'll come back and give your video a proper listen later :)

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
PsychedelicDiamond said:
I'm sorry, i'm afraid, i win this thread. I happen to have a pretty good voice if i do say so myself.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s108d0UBhQHE
Your voice is bad, and you should probably feel bad about that statement

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Overusedname said:
With a better mic, I think you'd have good voice. Calm and casual. Maybe mess around with dubbing? :D Though maybe not for anime girls.

Some sexy voices in this community.
I know you! I subscribed to you on Youtube during the No More Heroes thing.

YicklePigeon said:
Gah, I knew there was someone I missed out in my last post - you should work the metallic nature into your portfolio, just think of the potential for robot voices! I'm kidding, you sound okay to me; deep (but not boot-level deep) with a little bit of gravel in there for good measure. Yeah, a good sounding voice indeed. :)
What's up, guys? Got one more for ya.

Even has a new picture to go with the new audio.
This is kind of fun now.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Random Fella said:
PsychedelicDiamond said:
I'm sorry, i'm afraid, i win this thread. I happen to have a pretty good voice if i do say so myself.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s108d0UBhQHE
Your voice is bad, and you should probably feel bad about that statement
Okay... :(

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
Anyone mind if I go again? Yeah, I'm going again.

Now bear with me here, this is me singing the chorus of "Hurt". I know, why would I inflict my terrible voice upon such a classic? Well, I hardly use my laptop's microphone or webcam so if there's any time to dick around with them, it's now.

So here ya go. Try not to let your ears bleed on the carpet, it's new.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0MgXw78MsqN

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
I recorded my voice for whoever's left still checking this thread.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0x3420MSjQ6

Enjoy the dulcet sounds of my stock phrase:
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
It's been fun listening to everyone's voice.
This post is totally not a stealth bump. I swear.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0jUKjYU0l7M

I tried reading a passage of the Outsider out loud because I can never think of anything to say off the top of my head... and it sounds terrible :(

my voice is awful "outside my head"... you poor people

[sub][sub][sub] I can rerecord this post if you want to hear a non-theatrical version :/[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
yay. a chance to shamelessly plug an LP i have been doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXa5Qlp5V54

don't hate me, mods. :C

also, is my voice too deep?

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Overusedname said:
Why yes, I am to lazy to record a new video just for this. Thanks for asking. Feel no need to watch the whole thing if you don't want to, I'm aware it's long. OP said I could do a recent thing so...Pbbbt. Might as well do the most preachy intro I ever recorded.
The epicness of that intro still gets to me :D

I'm wondering now though, does your recorded voice sound weird to you? I just did mine, and apart from the crappiness of the reading, I hate my voice :(

I'll just go back to my "never record things then listen to them" lifestyle now.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
If you want to hear what I sound like just go to my YouTube channel. As far as an accent goes though, I have a habit of not sticking to the same one for very long. It changes depending on my mood or how I generally feel at that moment.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
ta da. my voice. not really fond of it. it won't get me voice actor of the year but it let's me order a coffe down at the café. and you know what. that's all i need.

not too happy about the way it sounds and before you ask yes. i am trying the shake off the Scandinavian accent. you may now pass judgment upon me and my vocal cords

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Fijiman said:
If you want to hear what I sound like just go to my YouTube channel. As far as an accent goes though, I have a habit of not sticking to the same one for very long. It changes depending on my mood or how I generally feel at that moment.
I just saw your mushroom land video lol. Did you make a lot of mushroom stew?

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Fijiman said:
I just saw your mushroom land video lol. Did you make a lot of mushroom stew?
Nope. Those mushrooms are continuing to spread.(well, when I'm actually on that world) Last time I checked I think they had doubled in number. Although You should see the marsh I've made. So much sugar cane.

GrimGrimoire

Aug 11, 2011
Matt S Hoimyr said:
ta da. my voice. not really fond of it. it won't get me voice actor of the year but it let's me order a coffe down at the café. and you know what. that's all i need.

not too happy about the way it sounds and before you ask yes. i am trying the shake off the Scandinavian accent. you may now pass judgment upon me and my vocal cords
Ha, it took me literally two seconds to recognise your accent. Don't worry, you sound fine, and I think that in the end, most people would like someone else's voice.
I also didn't notice it ever sounding monotone, so you shouldn't think about that.