Open Source Death Star Kickstarter Might Actually Work

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Jmp_man said:
Ukomba said:
You'd need a planet cracking super laser to get the materials needed for a death star.
You mean to tell me we need a Death Star to fund the Death Star?
We need to start another Kickstarter to fund a Death Star to fund the Kickstarter for the Death Star. Yo Dawg?
Yup, It's turtles all the way down.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
Open source huh? I wonder if this will end up being the first star ever to get hacked. They should make a movie about it, called the Star Hackers.

Epic Bear Man

Feb 5, 2013
While the White House's address about constructing the Death Star was meant to be intentionally funny, this is not. Maybe it's just my paranoia of a potential scam (even though the ability to reach that limit is still immensely high), but I just don't get why it needed to be put on a site aimed at creating real projects. I know no one will lose their money if the project doesn't go through, but nonetheless, I still don't like the joke.

Sep 13, 2009
Mojo said:
Space Jawa said:
If this actually gets anywhere, we may need to start a counter-kickstarter designed to produce a heavily modified YT-1300 Light Freighter and a few squadrons of X-Wings that can be sent on a mission to destroy it should it be used for nefarious purposes.
We might also need to start to train shooting womp rats in our T-16s and hope they forget to fix that one flaw.
Too risky, best invest in a pair of wire cutters as well. Just in case

fairley117

Feb 7, 2013
The Goat Tsar said:
Somebody needs to call the world's craziest millionaires and billionaires. We need their help.
The world needs more crazy billionaires to make this possible

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I must be the only person on here who actually thinks the fact that this exists is pretty cool. No it's not funny, there's nothing comedic about it, it's just awesome. Sure it's almost incomprehensibly implausible that this would ever come to fruition, but to me, that just makes it more fun in a crazy harebrained sort of way.

You all need to loosen up.