Open Steamworks Unearths Steam's Summer Sales

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Hm... Looks like a good bunch of deals. Too fucking bad I already have EVERY SINGLE GAME out of that that I want. I'll probably get Quantum Conundrum, but that's about it. Have all the others that interest me.

quantumsaint

Dec 12, 2007
Grey Carter said:
Steam Summer Sales Details Unearthed

Valve hasn't confirmed whether or not users' bank accounts will have to weather another Steam Summer sale,

Yes, they have.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31503393&postcount=12880

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
One of the first things I did after opening this article was hit command+f, then search "Rayman."
I really, really hope this isn't a complete list, considering I've been waiting ages for Rayman Origins to have a sale. Though I kinda assume that it is incomplete, because it's almost entirely full of indie games outside of the bundles.

Dr. Dice Lord

Feb 4, 2010
Damn, don't see European Escalation on there... I feel silly now for not buying it during this weekend's sale.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
NightHawk21 said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Damnit! I guess I have to buy Skyrim now.
I'd hold out. I got money on it being on sale (at least 33% off when dawngaurd launches on PC).
They'll have to make it at least 50% off for it to be cheaper than retail around here. Screw it, I'm getting it now. *goes to store*

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Why all indie? That's pretty disappointing really, hope that's not a complete list. Still, I can finally pick up an Ys game, and maybe a couple of others. That'll be nice.

CowboyfromHell666

Jan 14, 2010
I'm not too interested in the indie bundles. I am more interested in hopefully nabbing Fallout:New Vegas Ultimate Edition, the Gods and Kings expansion for Civ 5, Command and Conquer 3 + Kane's Wrath, Just Cause 2, and L4D2. I am so glad I still have Christmas money from last year stocked away :)

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
I finally get money and this happens. Well, it was nice knowing you money, we'll meet again

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
Almost nothing here that I even recognise, I'm really not one for the indie games and that seems to be nearly the entire list.

Also, dino beatdown? I'm amazed Steam even admits that game exists on its servers.

Oct 30, 2010
Any money saved is of course good money, but if this is the extent of the sale I'll be disappointed.

DocBot

The Prettiest Girl
Dec 30, 2009
Through Humble Indie Bundles and such I have alot of those daily cycles. I do have to say there aren't many AAA games here.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Ugh; the game I've been looking to get lately is the ArmA 2 collection (mostly so I can then get DayZ) and it doesn't seem to be on there. Although recalling the breadth of past steam sales, I rather doubt that that is a comprehensive list, and hopefully it'll get somewhat discounted.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
I kinda like the idea of Steam just putting every indie or otherwise under-the-radar game in the entire store on sale and having that be the whole summer sale. But that's clearly not what's happening here. They wouldn't have that many AAA bundles running the whole length of the sale without discounts on individual titles and one-day sales in that category as well. Last year there were either nine or twelve one-day sales per day (they fit neatly into a grid; I remember that much), and there are only five listed up there.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
That's the shittiest sale so far if true. All the daily deals are indie games. The good ones of the list I already have, others I don't want.

Nothing there I'll be buying at all.

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
Clearing the Eye said:
Drinking game: every time someone mentions a wallet in this thread, take a shot.
And then suddenly alcohol poisoning. Alcohol poisoning everywhere.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
THQ, Bethesta and Square collections but no Valve? Sounds fishy.

More importantly, I want a date for when it comes!

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Hopefully a few standalone games get to go on mini-sale too. Otherwise, about the only thing I'm looking out for in that list is Thief. And since I've heard that Metal Age has a few issues with Windows 7, I'd rather get it via GoG instead.