Organic Holiday Gift Suggestions

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Organic Holiday Gift Suggestions

A gift that matters should have once been living matter.

Read Full Article

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
How utterly disturbing. Thank you once again, you fill my quota for the creep factor quite nicely today. *applause*
Some of these I'd actually buy to put in a frame. Do you do these digitally or are they actual real-world creations scanned/photographed?

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Shit the day, put no feces in tomorrow.

I do love the thought of someone sitting there scratching their head. "Just HOW did he get that in there?? I see no fingerprints, no smudges or smears.."

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
There's way too little semen to ascertain whether or not that person is ACTUALLY gone forever.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
amaranth_dru said:
How utterly disturbing. Thank you once again, you fill my quota for the creep factor quite nicely today. *applause*
Some of these I'd actually buy to put in a frame. Do you do these digitally or are they actual real-world creations scanned/photographed?
Good morning and thank you for allowing me to fill your creepy reservoir with its required measure.

Almost everything I do these days is done with my children's art supplies in a sketchbook and then scanned.
At the moment I sell nothing but if you truly desire something I have drawn I will happily send you a scan.
Tis the season of giving. Feel free to message me if you dare!

I'd like to see some Fraught with Peril t-shirts on the citizenry in a benevolent future.

freaper said:
There's way too little semen to ascertain whether or not that person is ACTUALLY gone forever.
Is there a quantity that would change that? If so, I don't think you would want me to draw it.
You will have to be satisfied for the moment with eyes and intestines.
I do appreciate your skepticism.

ellers07

Feb 24, 2013
Nick Lerman said:
I'd like to see some Fraught with Peril t-shirts on the citizenry in a benevolent future.
I would like to be part of this citizenry. Let's make this happen!

As always, excellent work. I'm already looking forward to next week's.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
I would love to have a pound of meat for christmas. I could have it instead of turkey.
Nick Lerman said:
You will have to be satisfied for the moment with eyes and intestines.
The third jar is intestines? I thought it was a brain.
freaper said:
DNA Evidence Incorporated thanks you for your constructive criticism, but wishes you to know that in todays times, we have to remain gender neutral.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I think not finding these comics disturbing or creepy in the least says more about me than anything.

I'm also theorising, Lerman, that you're that guy that keeps staring at me at the grocery store.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Very humorous. I see in panel 3 that you have deviated from the traditional four humors proposed by the Greek and Roman philosophers. While I find your various bodily component depictions mirthful, please get back to the basics. These make better gifts. And, if I might hazard a recommendation, go heavy on the phlegm--always a crowd pleaser.
[img src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a1/Humorism.svg/440px-Humorism.svg.png" alt="Dude was totally Galen! Not that there's anything wrong with that." height="200" width=200"]​

Nick Lerman said:
I would gladly wear a Fraught with Peril t-shirt. I may bootleg my own and Zazzle the crap out of it. That'll teach the Escapist for not instantaneously responding to unanticipated requests from impulse-purchasing fanboys.

Or maybe I'll just Photoshop a Fraught with Peril image onto a shirt that I am wearing. I did this Photoshopping process once in a self-serving crusade to promote sales of those remaining "Evil Porpoises" shirts. I got tired of looking at them every time I logged on to The Escapist. I had hoped ample breasts would "sexy" them up and get them off the shelves.
[img src="http://www.wanderingmonster.com/Escapist/EvilPorpoises.jpg" alt="Nothing to see here! Please move your mouse to another area." height="180" width=250"]​

To clarify:
1. I want a Fraught with Peril shirt.
2. I may or may not own an Isuzu Impulse
3. Those are not my boobs. I am an old, white dude with a charisma of 9...out of 18 (which may still be optimistic).

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Nick Lerman said:
Good morning and thank you for allowing me to fill your creepy reservoir with its required measure.

Almost everything I do these days is done with my children's art supplies in a sketchbook and then scanned.
At the moment I sell nothing but if you truly desire something I have drawn I will happily send you a scan.
Tis the season of giving. Feel free to message me if you dare!

The works you produce are excellent and the quality of the scans superb. Keep up the good works and thank you for gracing us with your personal demented viewpoint. I daresay there is not enough dementia and obscura crepitus in the world at times.
Keep us updated also on the status of t-shirt availability. Those would be heartily welcome and displayed on our respective corpora with pride and gusto, and maybe a bit of mischievous aplomb.
Also if I were to request scans, would it behoove me to private message you my e-mail address?

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
dylanmc12 said:
I'm also theorising, Lerman, that you're that guy that keeps staring at me at the grocery store.
How could I not when you shop so provocatively?

Clankenbeard said:
Very humorous. I see in panel 3 that you have deviated from the traditional four humors proposed by the Greek and Roman philosophers. While I find your various bodily component depictions mirthful, please get back to the basics. These make better gifts. And, if I might hazard a recommendation, go heavy on the phlegm--always a crowd pleaser.
[img src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a1/Humorism.svg/440px-Humorism.svg.png" alt="Dude was totally Galen! Not that there's anything wrong with that." height="200" width=200"]​
I do respect your attention to the details but I do believe that all four humors are represented.
Some do require a little extra artistic interpretation.

Saviordd1 said:
Oh dear god I love this comic way to much to be healthy.
Please remember not to eat the gifts. I do not wish to cause you a gastronomic misadventure.

amaranth_dru said:
Also if I were to request scans, would it behoove me to private message you my e-mail address?
Yes. PM me and I'll hook you up.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Sseth said:
I don't find any of this very funny at all. Do people like it just because it's different?
Hmmm. I think I like it because it isn't mainstream funny. Nick is a most bizarre artist who has a bit of an anti-establishment creepy slant to his work. I don't think I have every really laughed out loud at anything he has shared here. But he plays the character of a demented artist very well and then he carries that forward into the discussion forum--getting weirder and weirder all the while.

There is very little that he says in the comic or forums that doesn't follow the theme of the week. And it is all typically very, very clever. Seeing his cartoon every week is like a treasure hunt of obscurity. Sometimes it is to find out about Icelandic blood feuds. Sometimes it is to compare his illustration to live action movie scenes. Sometimes it is to learn about MVB & sausage. You just don't know.

It isn't The Far Side. If you don't like it, then you don't. That's cool. I liked The Far Side. But Gary Larson was pretty bad at responding to talk on the discussion forums...since he put cartoons in books...in the 80's.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Sseth said:
Oh okay. Actually if he is roleplaying a sort of persona and doing this stuff that's actually sort of neat. I didn't have any context for what he was doing and I thought it was just either really random or such high brow pretentious humor that it isn't funny.

And one should be really careful with that stuff, because it's very easy to fall into the latter (and a lot of writers/artists who do this sort of stuff often gravitate between the two and are hit or miss)

I will check back on this for the next several comics with that in mind, and see if it is amusing.
Hail Citizen!

Your attempts to let me entertain you with my drawings do not go unappreciated.
I understand my art style and humor are not for everybody.
I certainly don't want to come of as pretentious.
However, there is a strong possibility that you just don't think my product is funny.
That's perfectly acceptable and judging by view counts you may be in the majority.

I don't think I'm roleplaying. I just try to put forth images and ideas that make me smile.
I always hope that others will respond in kind but I'm realistic.
Perhaps I will grow on you like some sort of parasitic twin
until you have to cut my off because you can't stop laughing.

Thanks for taking the time to tell me what you think.
Sharpen your knives!

p.s. I just read this to my wife and she said I'm NOT funny.
Now I know what gift I'm getting her.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
I would also like to thank Clankenbeard
for not naming He who shall not be named.
I am going to gift you the lunch combo!

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
You know, I read the stinger image and thought "The 'impossible bottle'? What a neat gift idea! giving a gussied-up, but otherwise empty bottle as a symbolic reminder that 'nothing is impossible'. It's a crafting and recycling project in one, and a thoughtful gift for any budget, especially a small child's."

Then I saw the full image...

It wasn't until I noticed this was a Fraught with Peril comic that the disappointment faded into quiet chuckling. Well played, Escapist... well plaid.