We all know tai should've been the one not mat

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Coruptin said:
Go back...
We can rewrite destiny, change the future
We all know what I'm talking about
We all know tai should've been the one not mat
Get over it, Matt was the obvious choice. What I wanna know is if T.K. and Kairi hook up!

MY SHATTERED CHILDHOOD NEEDS THIS!!!

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
My hype balloon partially deflates when I remind myself that the second season, a direct sequel to the first containing older versions of the original cast along side the new one, is easily the weakest of the first four seasons. I have yet to watch the fifth and sixth seasons, but I will before this new season comes out. (For those that don't know, all the other seasons of Digimon have completely new casts with new storylines and tones.)

In case you're wondering, yes I know for sure because a couple years back I rewatched the first four seasons to see if they were as good as I remembered or if I was just a stupid kid who would like anything, and I can can honestly say (with nostalgia glasses completely off) that the first and third seasons are amazing and I would highly recommend them to anyone who likes sci fi/fantasy anime, regardless of whether you grew up with Digimon or not. The fourth season is pretty great too, not as good as the first and third seasons, but still pretty damn awesome and not deserving of the hate it gets from a lot of original Digimon fans.

Although I stand by my statement that season two is not nearly as good as 1,3, and 4, it's still not bad, and I'm definitely looking forward to this new season and seeing the original cast again.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
They're making a sequel to a series that already had a "20 years later" epilogue, but not the one that ended on a sequel hook that never happened?

I mean, gift horse and mouth and all that, sure, but it seems a little counterintuitive. Especially since I know I'm not the only one who thinks Tamers is the best of the Digimon anime (to the point of being one of the best anime ever).

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
Weren't they already teenagers in season 2? I mean, Mat was in a band. And I'm pretty certain he had a motorcycle. That means this is like a 1 year timeskip tops.

EDIT: Apparently the older cast members were in 8th grade in the original Japanese, and this timeskip is just as long as the first. Huh. I coulda sworn he had a motorcycle. And the band thing is a bit weird.

McFazzer

Apr 22, 2012
Everyone says Tamers is the best, but I could never get into it. Sure I liked Adventure and 02, but Tamers never grabbed me.
Hell, it was the widely reviled Frontier season that actually made me save up my allowance to go buy one of them D-Tector Digivices. They were awesome (and still are in many ways).

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
So Digimon is literally "Going back to the beginning"?

Well played Toei...Well played.

I damn hope people get this reference!

Also, i wonder if Davis and his gang will show up, wasn't season 2 set in high school when the original cast was like 16/17? Would love to see Veemon (my favourite Digimon) back in the show.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
.... Fuck yes... I've always been a Digimon Kid, at least the original cartoons, instead of Pokemon. Nostalgia trip here I come.

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
arc1991 said:

Also, i wonder if Davis and his gang will show up, wasn't season 2 set in high school when the original cast was like 16/17? Would love to see Veemon (my favourite Digimon) back in the show.
I believe that the main new cast was in middle school, while Tai, Matt, and basically the older ones form the first season were in high school. The reference sounds familiar, but I can't put my hand on it.

McFazzer said:
Everyone says Tamers is the best, but I could never get into it. Sure I liked Adventure and 02, but Tamers never grabbed me.
Hell, it was the widely reviled Frontier season that actually made me save up my allowance to go buy one of them D-Tector Digivices. They were awesome (and still are in many ways).
Frontier was actually pretty dang good. It was miles better than Tamers, because it was lighthearted for a while, and dumped the dark stuff at a better time. I felt everything was much more effective and that it did much better. I do need to watch the other 2 seasons just to see for myself how they were. I feel like people who tell me Tamers is better than the rest are like a lot of the Bleach fans I see on the internet, it's better because it's darker. Not saying people have good reasons for it, but that has been my experience.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
But... don't we already know what happens to them in high school because of Zero-Two? Ah well, will try to catch it anyway.
Oh, and the song used in the trailer. Is that the theme for the Japanese version of the show or something?

Anyway, to follow everyone else, I loved the first three seasons/series of Digimon growing up (I want to go through all the episodes again, but since the shows aren't readily available, it's a bit hard), and I didn't like the fourth one at all from what I saw (they have action figures to turn them into Digimon instead of having a partner, which is just lame in my mind). Never saw the fifth one, and I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who saw it, and as for the sixth... I saw two episodes, and hated it pretty much from the get go. Pretty much all the main actors are people that previously played main characters in the series, many of the characters try really hard to come off as cool, Shoutmon is annoying as hell, and Cutemon... *seethes*

ultratog1028

Mar 19, 2010
Loved this series as a kid, rewatched it as an adult and all but Tamers kind of lost its touch. Probably means I've matured.

Edit: Wow people loved Tamers? I thought I was the only one. Everyone else near me growing up liked the first series more.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I'm honestly excited for this one, especially since Digimon Adventure is my favorite season - mostly due to nostalgia, but still... And frankly, I'm fine with them negating Adventure 02 because that season, while not completely terrible, had too many plot holes and wasted potential in it.

Jack and Calumon said:
You're damn right I'm hyped. Hopefully can get a sequel to Tamers as well, since they got the heroes to that together on that last series. It deserves a more conclusive ending.
Agreed, the ending to Tamers was complete bullshit! Seriously, what the hell writers?!?!?

...Sorry, that's a bit of a sore spot with me.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
overtone said:
Would be pretty cool but this looks like a hoax. Theres absolutely no information or new animation. Just an average looking video.
It's real.

And flawed as Digimon was, I did love Adventure and 02. Really looking forward to it.

ISearchForTraps

Jun 22, 2009
arc1991 said:

They better not have Willis in it, that guy annoyed me.

Hiandromon

Aug 30, 2014
I just wonder if they will retcon the epilogue of season 2 in some way so there wont be any spoilers, what do you guys think? Also who else here thinks the Final (and longest running)Antagonist of this series will be Daemon? Chances are the demon who was terrifyingly composed and took his defeat with genuine surprise claiming he was impressed by them (DESPITE BEING A DEMON OF RAGE) would be a great and already established foe.