Original Dungeon Keeper free at GOG

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Bad Jim said:
Now that's how you do free to play. An actual game. That's actually free.
Of course it's a 17 year old game that was never very good to begin with, but it's still a nice gesture.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Yosharian said:
Don't even start with me. Molyneux didn't just START failing to fulfill potential later in his career. It's dogged every game the man ever made post Populous.

Dungeon Keeper is a perfect example of a brilliant concept plagued by underwhelming execution.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Yosharian said:
Uh huh. Whatever you say. Not even worth arguing the point.
Why would we "argue" about it? Is this a personal issue? Peter...is that YOU? I want you to explain WTF happened with Spore, buddy.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Sgt. Sykes said:
GOG is absolutely friggin' uncanny.

This is the FOURTH time in a row when I put a game on a gog.com wishlist and it either went on a massive sale or became free within the next few days! Not to mention Red Faction which I merely thought of a few days ago and boom it's now available on gog for the first time.

I need to put more stuff on my gog wishlist.
I know, right?, last year I was thinking about Shadow Man on a 90's nostalgia trip and the next few days, BAM!, Shadow Man for sale on GOG. Later, I was searching for something similar to a first person dungeon crawl after finishing Legend of Grimrock and I didn't want to play the Might & Magic games and BAM!, Wizardry 8.

Same with the Humble Indie Bundles, want Brütal Legend?, BAM!, Alan Wake?, BAM!, Mark of the Ninja?, BAM!.

It's so uncanny... I have to think of more games I want more fequently :p

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Yosharian said:
If we're going to start on Spore it's going to be me doing the dissing... that game was fucking horrible.
Don't you see? Don't you see the pattern? Molyneux spent the better part of two decades breaking my heart with his sloppy execution.

"Oooh, build a dungeon! Lace it with traps and doors and twisting caverns and creature rooms! Pipe adventurers through it!"

"Look, a knight! Pick up every creature in the dungeon and drop it on his head! The end."

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Yosharian said:
I won't hear it, I love Dungeon Keeper in its entirety. Whereas Spore can go fuck a duck.
Well then there is nothing left but for us to duel, sir. Pistols at dawn.

Falconus

Sep 21, 2008
BloatedGuppy said:
Yosharian said:
Uh huh. Whatever you say. Not even worth arguing the point.
Why would we "argue" about it? Is this a personal issue? Peter...is that YOU? I want you to explain WTF happened with Spore, buddy.
Spore was a Maxis game, Pretty sure Molyneux had nothing to do with it.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
TheMigrantSoldier said:
Fallout, plz. And both of them.
Unfortunately for you, there was a free giveaway for Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics during the winter sale, but it has long passed.

And due to Interplay's ownership of the Fallout rights expiring the series is now no longer available on GoG and will remain that way until they strike a deal with the new rights holders. That will probably happen sooner or later, but if you didn't have them in your GoG games library already, it might take some time before you get another shot.

Clowndoe

Aug 6, 2012
Sgt. Sykes said:
okay what the f**k? You can get 80% off some games... 4 of which I had on my wishlist. Seriously gog? Do you read my mind?
I know right? It's like getting mugged with kisses. Wargame was on a sale on Steam, but I didn't care. Shows up on GOG and I'm at checkout before you can say "What happened to my retirement fund?"

Misterian said:
I'm new to this GOG, is it a safe website?
It's all as official as possible, and they have 7-days money back if you don't download the game, and 30 days if the game doesn't work. You can't be suspicious when a company has customer satisfaction that high on the list.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Misterian said:
I'm new to this GOG, is it a safe website?
Yes, GoG is safe.

All you need is an account, which is also free and doesn't require you to install any clients or other software. Any game you buy from them is added to your library and from there you can download the game to your hdd where it is yours to do with as you please. There is no DRM. A lot of games also include bonus materials like manuals, artwork, soundtracks and such.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Please forget my previous question, for I got different one;

I just downloaded the game, and while it seems to work just fine, for some reason, the sound is lagging on me.

Any idea what's up?