Otakon 2011 Cosplay Gallery

FlashHero

Apr 3, 2010
no space wolfs...no space marines at all? *sad face* Well at least the ideas not taken then :).

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
Kinda scary seeing that dude dressed as Cammy. And I never realized that House Slytherin was so Emo.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
The Escapist: The only site that posts cosplay and actually knows what each of them are. Truly leaps and bounds above 90% of the internet who declare that Sakura, Madoka, and Dokuro-chan are all from Sailor Moon.

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
The Old Spice Guy cosplayer made me lol !

he doesn't have the pecs to pull it off probably , but by God , he's trying ! and I still liked it nonetheless.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
#31: Oh god, dude Cammy.
#16: Kefka hates the characters from Final Fantasy X. Hate, hate, hate!
#14: Okay, who saw a Kuzco cosplay coming?

D4rkLigh7

Feb 12, 2009
I so wish I could have gone and as a Alpha Big Daddy. It would have been awesome to be with the Big Sister.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Oya Manda! Those were some mighty impressive Mandalorian Costumes. Very Kandosii Vode.

As for the Jedi, apart from the very cool lightsaber, I'm not really seeing the Luke Skywalker. The Robes are more Obi Wan Kenobi, but the face reminds me of Corran Horn.

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
Hopefully next year #34, the awesome looking Shepard armor will have the forethought of giving it to someone who has the body mass to go with the part.

Better yet, build a FemShep armor.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
The Great JT said:
Feh. There was a guy dressed as Misty/Kasumi from Pokemon that would've put Man-Faye to shame.

No pics of the Star Wars Summit (or whatever you wanna call it). I was in that - and everyone was calling me Mace Windu, who I certainly was not - and there were some really nice outfits, like Darth Maul and Talon, the Apprentice (both games), a lovely orange Twi'lek, and a Miraluka of all things.

This may just be me, but as far as content is concerned I think Otakon has been going downhill in recent years. :/

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
SageRuffin said:
The Great JT said:
Feh. There was a guy dressed as Misty/Kasumi from Pokemon that would've put Man-Faye to shame.

No pics of the Star Wars Summit (or whatever you wanna call it). I was in that - and everyone was calling me Mace Windu, who I certainly was not - and there were some really nice outfits, like Darth Maul and Talon, the Apprentice (both games), a lovely orange Twi'lek, and a Miraluka of all things.

This may just be me, but as far as content is concerned I think Otakon has been going downhill in recent years. :/
They got a Miriluka in there? Was it a Visas cosplayer, or an OC? How many 501st members showed up. They're everywhere.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
SageRuffin said:
The Great JT said:

They got a Miriluka in there? Was it a Visas cosplayer, or an OC? How many 501st members showed up. They're everywhere.
Just a simple OC. Granted, her outfit looked a like Visas's, and I think she understood how anyone familiar with KotOR could mistake her as such.

I'm not too sure about the 501st. I'm not really familiar with those guys.

I just remembered, these guys forgot the best outfit of them all: Dark fucking Helmet. :D

I'm having a bit of a rough time uploading pics from my tablet, but I'll have a link ready to peruse soon enough.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
1. Why does nobody dress as Yuna who is hot enough to look like her?
2. Female Wakka? DO WANT!
3. Male Cammy? GAH EYE BLEACH NOW!!!!!!!!
4. Old spice guy is genius though please tell me he's wearing something under that towel.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I always enjoy the pictures of cosplayers. I especially love the pictures of the hot girl cosplayers. Though, I would enjoy pictures of hot girls in general. (hint hint Escapist)

There were a few that definitely stood out. The 8-bit Samus. Kefka (was that a female Wakka?). Old Spice Guy. Carmon Sandiego.
A human Pony? Should I be worried?
[sub]Not a surprise that it would be included as Mr. Funk is a known MLP fan[/sub]

As for the Cammy cosplayer..... How about we pretend that never happened? Deal?

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
I went last year I should of gone, so much fun. Maybe next year if I ever get my Pokemon crap done.

But yeah the heat was something fierce if I remember.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
I'm so glad to see people getting into some Tangled cosplays. Because, you know, the movie was pretty badass.

Someday, I will go to one of these conventions. And I will wear my Ventus armor cosplay. And it will be epic.

Someday.