Other than gaming what are you hobbies?

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
Cycling; each day to work (a ten mile round trip) and once a week a fifty mile trek in the forests or along the sea front.

Kayaking; recently purchased myself a kayak and have started toying with that in the local river. The activity I definitely lose track of time the most at the moment.

Running; hand in hand with my cycling. Enter a few races and come relatively high placed, good enough for me.

Writing; my ambition is to be an author - and I try to make the time to build my world a little more each week. I've been quite bad with it recently however (because of good weather) but I'll hit it hard come September.

Martial arts training; although I've been quite lax with this also, mainly because this is an inside activity as well.

ahappycamper

Jul 13, 2009
Okay first to answer your question, my hobbies include martial arts and reading.
What I really want to draw attention to is the use of 'you' as opposed to 'your', I see this used quite a lot in the place of 'your' and to me it sounds completely wrong, can anybody explain why this form of the 2nd person possessive is used as I do not understand it at all. Is the OP unable to use correct grammar? Please note I do see this used a lot and am looking for an explanation, I am not just flaming/trolling. Thanks/ :)

ks1234

Mar 12, 2011
I workout... A LOT. lol.
Also, reading, studying, playing on the internet... etc.

Kaltazraza

Creepy dancing
Sep 10, 2008
Reading stuff and manga, watching anime, and collecting stuff, which is magic cards, glass figures, and coins.

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
Rock climbing and hiking, mostly. You can find cliffs pretty much anywhere, even if they are only 30 feet tall. I just like to climb my way up them. And I also enjoy cooking.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
A lot...
-Surfing
-Kayaking
-Hiking (though not too often, honestly)
-Making music (guitar, mandolin, some piano)
-Reading
-Biking and running
-Occasional clubbing
-Watching baseball (huge lifelong Yankees fan)
-Checking out local music
-Trying lots and lots and lots and lots of craft beer
-And I watch a good bit of TV shows (Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Chuck, Parks and Rec, Community, etc). TV is ridiculously good these days, to the point where I rarely ever even want to watch a movie when I can continue a longer story and watch characters grow.

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
Reading, music, swimming, meeting people, going to parties, studying I probably have more, but can't think of them at the moment.

poppabaggins

May 29, 2009
Cooking, baking, reading, programming, lifting, running, anime, movies, studying Japanese.

Hey! I do more than I thought. sweet.

Marmal4de

Apr 4, 2010
Composing music and most recently cooking. I had to stop playing the drums because of my deteriorating hearing but i'm going to start guitar lessons soon. That's about it really, i'm hoping to start trying new things now that i'm done with school.

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
ahappycamper said:
Okay first to answer your question, my hobbies include martial arts and reading.
What I really want to draw attention to is the use of 'you' as opposed to 'your', I see this used quite a lot in the place of 'your' and to me it sounds completely wrong, can anybody explain why this form of the 2nd person possessive is used as I do not understand it at all. Is the OP unable to use correct grammar? Please note I do see this used a lot and am looking for an explanation, I am not just flaming/trolling. Thanks/ :)
Grammar Nazi!!!! Hope you don't take offence to that (if you do I apologize), honestly I think it's a typo. Anyone who has a halfway decent grasp of the english language (like me) can differntiate cases were you should use you or your. If you really see it a lot, then you're either talking with people with broken keyboards or no grasp of the english language.

Zinaxos

Feb 9, 2009
Writing, reading, making "music", listening to music, raving :D...
All sorts of fun stuff.

Ed Classified

May 1, 2011
Reading, writing, watching tv, sleeping, smoking weed and wanking I guess.

Ps. I live in Holland too yay for legal weed =D

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
Reading, primarily Douglas Adams and Stephen King; writing, primarily in the styles of yes and indeed; trying to scrape together enough money to buy GURPS sourcebooks and find a group; and... erm... well, that's it, I suppose. Unless you count pot as a hobby. I suppose procuring it in a country where it's discouraged by the local law enforcement kills a bit of time.

Clarkarius

Dec 21, 2008
Mountain walking, sword fighting, various exercises, I GM several Role-plays at university and at home, I've written a number of essays on varying subject matters (written some reviews on rare occasions), Reading, Researching, the list goes on...