Over(50)Watch

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Darth_Payn said:
Wait, is the bearded guy supposed to be typing that stuff on the screen, or just reading it? If the latter, then the guy in the orange jumpsuit is making no sense.
The latter. He made a comment about representation, and was accused of being an SJW despite the proclivities he was showing off onscreen at the time.

The joke is taking the piss out of the use of SJW as a snarl word any time someone so much as suggests that a broader base would be nice.

So yes, the guy in the orange jumpsuit is making no sense. This is not a bug.

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
Worgen said:
At least they don't do the anime thing where they all look at least 25 (or are stacked as such) but are actually like 12 or something.
Or, just as often, the other way around.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Silk_Sk said:
Worgen said:
At least they don't do the anime thing where they all look at least 25 (or are stacked as such) but are actually like 12 or something.
Or, just as often, the other way around.

Usually if its the other way around they are like 300 or something ridiculous.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
JemothSkarii said:
Just a note: None of the women are disabled.

You're being ableist Blizzard.
Tracer is un-stuck in time and needs paraphernalia to live something resembling a normal life.
Seems disabled to me.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Phasmal said:
...so calm thy titties.
Excuse me, but on behalf of the tittie-less I demand that you cease your attempts to exclude us from this discussion.

[small]Also it'd be really funny to have a reptilian female with no breasts who gets tired of being confused for a male.[/small]

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
That guy looks so much like JP I wonder if he just clicked on a random Overwatch stream and it is.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Mei is still the best girl and if you disagree you are a racist.
I respect your racism accusation and your opinion but you are a racist and ageist for having the brass balls of heresy to say D.Va isn't a best.
You have an odd way of spelling Pharah.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
I think there were hints (a documentary in Blizzard's office showed a character-select screen with what looked like a sniper in the Support-slot) that Pharah's mother may become a playable character in the future. So, y'know, maybe?

step1999

Mar 11, 2010
The Wooster said:
JemothSkarii said:
Isn't Symmetra missing an arm?
Her comic on the OW site seems to hint that she has some kind of mental disorder as well, probably autism but it's not clear. So she counts twice. (Which makes the fact that one of her lines is "the enemy of humanity is disorder" kinda funny)

Lyvric

Nov 29, 2011
Zhukov said:
Eric the Orange said:
Well I can understand tracer and her time stuff. But what about the rest of the ladies?
Mei was cyrongenically frozen.
Mercy keeps herself physically young with medical super-science.
Windowmaker has a slowed metabolism.

Symmetra, Zarya and Pharah weren't part of the original Overwatch, they're just regular young. All are in their mid-late 20s.

Pharah's mother Ana was part of the original team and would be of comparable age to the male members but she's gone, presumed dead.

saltyanon said:
Let me guess. D.Va got plastic surgery? Being Korean and all.
Nah, she actually looks her age. She's 19 if memory serves.
A slowed metabolism does NOT make you look younger. It means you take more time to process food. People usually develop this in their 30s and gain weight because food isn't burnt as quickly as it used to. On the flip side, some people remain dangerously skinny because their metabolism runs way too fast to keep anything decently in their system.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
The Wooster said:
I didn't know that, you think I play Overwatch? That's silly man.

Having said that: is being able to replace limbs with newer, arguably better limbs still a disability or merely a stigma?

Blizzard asking deep questions.

Souplex said:
Tracer is un-stuck in time and needs paraphernalia to live something resembling a normal life.
Seems disabled to me.
Now in the FUTURE IS NOW amazing medical tech I'd call this a disability. But I'd say somebody would still find a problem with how the disabled are represented. Just watch, it's the internet after all.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Pallindromemordnillap said:
-Dragmire- said:
On a separate tangent, I kinda want to see fat Widowmaker.
Your wish is my command Dragmire!
HA! I instantly recognised JollyJack's ubiquitous style.

OT: As someone who as designed (and really needs to redesign) a female badass nearing 50 I know it can be done. Only in something other than chicken scratch, maybe cat scratch?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
<link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/gavs%20mum?os=gavs+mum>Needs additional stories in this tag cloud pls thx

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Lyvric said:
Zhukov said:
A slowed metabolism does NOT make you look younger. It means you take more time to process food. People usually develop this in their 30s and gain weight because food isn't burnt as quickly as it used to. On the flip side, some people remain dangerously skinny because their metabolism runs way too fast to keep anything decently in their system.
Hey, it wasn't my idea.

Take it up with Blizzard.

Traviltar said:
I really dig the design on Widow's Kiss and you motherfuckers complain that her tits aren't saggy enough?
"Widow's Kiss" is the name of Widowmaker's rifle.

As far as I can tell it doesn't have tits, saggy or otherwise.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Worgen said:
It's even crrepier when a person looks 10 but they say he/she is like 400 to justify outting the character in an outfit that is meant to be sexy.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Kibeth41 said:
At the end of the day, when you're designing semi serious characters, it's a lot easier to add age to a male and have them remain imposing, than it is to add age to a female and have them feel the same way.
But do they have to be imposing?

Of the current female characters I would say only Pharah and Zarya could be described as imposing. DVa when she's in her mech I guess.

Not all the guys look imposing either. Junkrat, Lucio and Zenyatta aren't. Torbjorn is borderline being small but kinda fierce looking.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
step1999 said:
The Wooster said:
JemothSkarii said:
Her comic on the OW site seems to hint that she has some kind of mental disorder as well, probably autism but it's not clear. So she counts twice. (Which makes the fact that one of her lines is "the enemy of humanity is disorder" kinda funny)
She's officially on the autism spectrum according to to the game's writer, though I'm not sure if that's technically a disability since she seems to be your garden variety savant.

Traviltar said:
Fucking.. seriously?
Because I bet there a lot of GMILFs playing Overwatch.
I really dig the design on Widow's Kiss and you motherfuckers complain that her tits aren't saggy enough?

Fuck off.
Literally the entire point of the comic is that the complaint isn't about representation. I also love how everyone else in the comments is having a laugh and a good time and you're furious because other people don't think the game is perfect. Examine your life choices, friend.

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
The Wooster said:
Traviltar said:
Fucking.. seriously?
Because I bet there a lot of GMILFs playing Overwatch.

Fuck off.
Literally the entire point of the comic is that the complaint isn't about representation. I also love how everyone else in the comments is having a laugh and a good time and you're furious because other people don't think the game is perfect. Examine your life choices, friend.
Life imitates art, or so it appears.