Overwatch Has More Than 7 Million Players Already

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
The Enquirer said:
gmaverick019 said:
This game is great, but I feel like it's begging for more maps/game modes, or at least a fucking editor on the pc so you can make your own custom maps for custom games.

Great polish to the gameplay and existing heroes, but besides that I feel like it's lacking.
Mod tools would be awesome to help bolster content. Just hope it doesn't go the tf2 route and the developers stop pushing out actual content themselves.
Mod tools would actually go a long way to ease one of my biggest long-term concerns. People were noticing the lack of content back in the Beta, and the game came out with even less if you consider the temporary removal of competitive mode. Blizzard is not known for their speedy content production, so mods would do a lot to fill the gaps and keep people playing.

Either way, I'm glad that people are having a good time.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The real question is how long will that number maintain or decline? A few years or so?

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Seth Carter said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Lizzy Finnegan said:
Overwatch Has More Than 7 Million Players Already
And unlike Star Wars Battlefront, the players will be still playing this game 2 months after launch.

Metalrocks said:
angry joe gave it a 7/10 and i agree with this rating. its indeed a fun game but it does lack of a story after seeing these cool cinematic and none of them are there. and these loot boxes are a joke too because you get stuff you dont really want like for characters you dont even play or want to play.
Lack of story seems like a weird critique for a multiplayer game with no single player campaign. At least in my opinion. I mean, TF2 didn't really have the most in-depth story either and look how many people played that.
He critiqued a lack of content, moreso then a lack of story. Story mode was just one of the suggestions he threw out to actually make it worthwhile. That and the microtransactions in their fully priced game. Which are RNG on top of it, with rewards that 95% of the time won't be what the player wanted for their 1.99 (or more).

MP only really isn't an excuse. Unreal Tournament shipped with 40 maps and 5 modes. Overwatch shipped with 12 and 2 and half modes (3 if you want to pretend Capture and Control are different). Even going with modern games, Garden Warfare has nearly triple the content in modes and maps, (and functional singleplayer, unlike OVerwatch's broken bots)
I think when you have to balance out 21 different characters but announce free upcoming maps in an age where most people charge for them, its reasonable that there aren't as many maps as UT.

And to be fair UT's 40 maps is a is a standard that hasn't been consistently held in shooters for well over 10 years. Even TF2 launched with 6 maps and look how much was built on top of that.

Xorph

Aug 24, 2010
And to think, Gearbox actually tried to compete with this for whatever reason. Battleborn is sitting at what, 120k or so copies sold on Steam?