Overwatch Season 1 Ends August 17

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1013/1013091.jpg
Blizzard also detailed the CP reward players will receive for their highest Season 1 rank.

Overwatch [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/overwatch] is currently enjoying its first season of competitive play. When it started, Blizzard told us that its first season would be a bit of a short one, and we now have an end date: August 17. There will a bit of a between-season lull, with Season 2 currently scheduled to launch on September 6.

Additionally, Blizzard revealed the Competitive Point rewards players will get for their highest Skill Rating earned in Season 1. Here's the table:

SR 0-39: 10 CPs
SR 40-45: 20 CPs
SR 46-49: 40 CPs
SR 50-52: 60 CPs
SR 53-55: 80 CPs
SR 56-59: 120 CPs
SR 60-64: 200 CPs
SR 65+: 300 CPs

Remember that this is for the highest Skill Rating you held during the season, so don't worry if you started up in the 60's and then slipped all the way down to 45 (like I did...)

If you completed your placement matches during Season 1, you will also get a special spray and player icon. Finally, if at any point during the season you somehow managed to break into the Top 500 players on your platform (and in your region), you'll receive an extra player icon and animated spray on top of the other seasonal rewards.

Source: Blizzard [http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748074764]

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
What blows my mind is why they didn't make any character skins for CP. It'd be better than CoD guns.

But that would make sense, and Blizzard hasn't been doing much of that recently.

TheRaider

Jul 4, 2010
If I am in top 500 now but not at the end do I still get my extra icon and spray?

Victim of Progress

Jul 11, 2011
Steven Bogos said:

Remember that this is for the highest Skill Rating you held during the season, so don't worry if you started up in the 60's and then slipped all the way down to 45 (like I did...)

HELL TO THE YES. I managed to get to sexy sexy rank 69 during my career. I slipped down to 62 but pretty much stayed constant there. So that means I'm getting one golden gun for sure. Not sure whom to pick, though...Lucio or Zarya

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
I started at 42, my highest rating is 52, I'm currently at 51, my goal for the season was 50 so since I met that goal I've not had the same motivation to play competitive, but now I'm going to have to try to get my rating to at least 53 to get into the next bracket.

I hope they bring out more stuff to spend the points on though, I don't like the looks of any of the golden guns, they just don't seem to look right on the characters.

Feb 7, 2016
My highest was 59, though I'd imagine it could have been higher if my internet would stop disconnecting me. Actually lost two of the placement matches because of that.

Haven't moved much from there though.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
I've been waltzing between 59 and 55 recently (my all time lowest was 51 i think), I'm ok with that.

I'm a solo queuer who mains mercy for crying out loud, that gives me bragging rights I feel for playing the game in the most difficult and frustrating style possible. Playing with friends and people you trust/can rely on is for the weak, I embrace the randomness of PUG and all the crap that comes with it.

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
I managed to get to the "Top 500" rank,and I was so happy until I got my arse handed to me on a silver platter when I had to go up against the rest of the Top 500s. Fighting those people was like trying to fight the Borg.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Victim of Progress said:
Steven Bogos said:

HELL TO THE YES. I managed to get to sexy sexy rank 69 during my career. I slipped down to 62 but pretty much stayed constant there. So that means I'm getting one golden gun for sure. Not sure whom to pick, though...Lucio or Zarya
Started at 45, climbed to 48, then went stright down, down and down... leveled off at 39-40.

Though as someone who ends up as mercy mainly, sometimes there's not much I can do about how my career is going to go.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
Guess I lucked out getting rank 65 right out of my promos. Haven't played too much competitive since then though.

Might be more motivated if there was something else to get besides stupid golden gun skins.

Victim of Progress

Jul 11, 2011
Windknight said:
Though as someone who ends up as mercy mainly, sometimes there's not much I can do about how my career is going to go.
Bad time to be be a Mercy, to be honest. With her nerf, Zenyatta's buff and the introduction of Anna. She's kind of frowned upon in competitive right now. Also, it doesn't help that you're in the chaotic cesspool that is rank 40-50.

Teaming up with some buddies is the best way to get off that slump. Good luck with the rest of the season.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Victim of Progress said:
Windknight said:
Bad time to be be a Mercy, to be honest. With her nerf, Zenyatta's buff and the introduction of Anna. She's kind of frowned upon in competitive right now. Also, it doesn't help that you're in the chaotic cesspool that is rank 40-50.

Teaming up with some buddies is the best way to get off that slump. Good luck with the rest of the season.
What nerf? I remember zen getting a buff, and mercy getting a buff to damage boost, but I wasn't aware of a nerf

Victim of Progress

Jul 11, 2011
Windknight said:
Victim of Progress said:
Windknight said:

What nerf? I remember zen getting a buff, and mercy getting a buff to damage boost, but I wasn't aware of a nerf
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747185139?page=1#post-4

That damage boost buff never happened, sorry... What mercy got instead was:

Resurrect
Ultimate charge cost increased by 30%
Movement is no longer prevented during activation
Guardian Angel instantly resets upon use

Res allows you to move around when casting it. But the charge time increased by 30%. That's pretty detrimental.

Unrelated, but I really hate looking up patch notes for most games. It's like they're hidden on purpose. Gah