Overworked Cory Art Day

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
The mystery has been resolved! A little anti-climatic, but certainly understandable.

I think if snow-plough's were replaced by Pyros, snow would be at least 27% more enjoyable.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
That's some really nice artwork, is there a version in a desktop size by any chance?

Good luck with the new comic, guys :D

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
After seeing this snow comic and the skiing part of Persona 4: Golden (Which I just finished and are replaying) ... I really wished that Australia was more common to snow.

Sure eastern states like Melbourne and such get snow sometimes, but Western Australia doesn't.
Well I'm sure most of us don't get any snow at all.

I feel like I just want to see it again, I can't remember the last time I saw it.
These are reasons why I want to move.

Also take a break Corey, you deserve it!

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Shocksplicer said:
This is really pretty...
What? I'm not an art critic, shut up...
Allow me. *Ahem* This piece juxtaposes the coldness of winter to the Pyro's heat secreting weapon. While it reinforces Erin's obvious psychological trauma and subsequent hallucinations, it also explores Erin's loneliness by having her walk alone while another couple is keeping each other warm.

TL.DR. Read it!! I worked hard on the explanation that doesn't exist!

Pipeline

May 5, 2013
And this is why countries that get a lot of snow should issue all of their citizens with flamethrowers.

Seriously, it looks very effective to me.
I mean, sure, there's the danger of people suddenly bursting into flames because someone accidentally pointed it at them, but that's really unlikely to happen... right?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I like Rachel's work, but I'm glad to know Corey's just busy and not, like, ill or dying.

TechTim said:
ah now we finally see how the office was caught on fire ;)
Nah, she's been doing this since before the head injury.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
This is only funny until you remember the "meet the pyro trailer" then it is terrifying.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
The tears really bring the piece together. :)

Hope the work doesn't become too much. Can't wait to see the new comic!
synobal said:
This is only funny until you remember the "meet the pyro trailer" then it is terrifying.
I think we may be watching different things. ;p

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
I always wanted to do that, brazing my way in Québec snow using a flametrower

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
I hope that this comic was inspired by true events, I had just heard a story like this a few days ago.

http://neighborshame.com/fargo-man-arrested-clearing-snow-flamethrower/

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
So Rachel Baggs isn't going to be a regular thing after next month? That's a shame, I've really been enjoying her artwork and I was hoping that she had taken up a somewhat regular position to help alleviate Cory's workload for the foreseeable future. It's a shame it's only temporary.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
StormShaun said:
After seeing this snow comic and the skiing part of Persona 4: Golden (Which I just finished and are replaying) ... I really wished that Australia was more common to snow.

Sure eastern states like Melbourne and such get snow sometimes, but Western Australia doesn't.
Well I'm sure most of us don't get any snow at all.

I feel like I just want to see it again, I can't remember the last time I saw it.
These are reasons why I want to move.

Also take a break Corey, you deserve it!
Melbourne is the capital city of the state of Victoria. And it usually gets a bit of frost there but not snow. Even we eastern states don't get snow unless you wanna drive several hours up the nearest mountain range. Hell, here in Queensland we don't even have any mountains high/cold enough for it to snow.

OT: I wonder what exactly she had to do to get Pyro to be her personal snow clearer. Maybe it's their shared fascination with rainbo- I mean fire.

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
I just read through the archives over the past two days. Not really relevant, I know, but I wanted to share with someone.