Own Your Own Batcycle

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Own Your Own Batcycle

You might not want to actually fight crime with this motorcycle, but you'll certainly look as cool as Batman on it.

When <a href=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bat-pod&x=0&y=0&ih=4_3_2_0_2_1_0_0_0_1.8_125&fsc=8>The Dark Knight hit theaters in 2008, Batman's motorcycle nearly stole the show during its few minutes of screen time. The Batpod was such a popular creation that it became the toy and model that everyone wanted to own. However, one man has taken his enthusiasm to an extreme and had a custom motorcycle created in the image of The Bat's ride.

Motorcycle rider Pankaj Sah commissioned Chopper City USA to build him a real-life version of the Batpod, known as the "PS-Pod." It may look similar to the movie version, but it had to have some modifications made so it would stay street legal, such as making the bike ride like a regular motorcycle instead of forcing the driver to lie on their stomach. Naturally, the bike doen't feature the armaments Bruce Wayne included in his version, but it does mimic their appearances.

This isn't a one-of-a-kind deal, as Chopper City states on its website that it's happy to build such a bike for other customers. That said, the cost of such a creation isn't listed on the company's website, though it almost assuredly doesn't come cheap.

Source: Geek

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Hehe. Thats awesome! I think I just found a new favouite mode of transportation!

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
probably weighs a ton, looks like it is uncomfortable as hell to try and sit on cause its so damn wide. and looks like its turn radius is the suck. nevermind that your would have to squeeze it through and around crowds cause people will want to stare at it.

gimme the tumbler any day of the week over that.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
It doesn't come with Bruce Wayne included either tho.
I think i'll stick to classic choppers tho. That thing just seems very unpractical and is way too bulky for what it's supposed to do. Maybe if they would add nitro boosts it would make more sense.
Still, nice work.

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
I cannot fathom the awesomeness of this. I pity them that DOES NOT want this.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
cerebus23 said:
probably weighs a ton, looks like it is uncomfortable as hell to try and sit on cause its so damn wide. and looks like its turn radius is the suck. nevermind that your would have to squeeze it through and around crowds cause people will want to stare at it.

gimme the tumbler any day of the week over that.
I'll have to agree with you, he also seemed to have to do an awful amount of moving it with his legs... hardly the dignified performance Batman would want :p

Still, it looks awesome and they look like they did an amazing job of making it as close as possible as well as road legal.

I think I could put up with an uncomfortable seat while driving that grinning like an idiot because I have Batman's bike!

These kind of things are only for the weekend hobby drive anyway.

Kudos to bike's makers all the same.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Damnit Escapist! Stop showing me all this awesome stuff! It makes me want to drain my bank account and go several hundred thousand dollars in debt to get it all!

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
First things first, I need to learn how to ride a motorcycle.

Somehow become a vigilante crime fighter

Get an assload of money...

And then I shall be worthy of that awesomeness.

Hmm, I'll start with step #2.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
People liked the the motorcycle in The Dark Knight? I didn't. Because it was a bastard off-shoot of the Bat-mobile, which was about 4000% more awesome.

It's still impressive to see it recreated though.