"P0wned"

cl20

Nov 12, 2009
its not that someone spellt it "wrong" its just that microsoft did it. its like when "that kid" in school gets somthing wrong, sure it can happen to anybody and prob wasnt such a big deal, but the world will still destroy him for it.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
does it make a big difference? its just two ways of spelling a word (like color and colour)

wolfy098

May 1, 2009
I'm more pissed off by the fact someone there thinks that Bejeweled and farmville (does not deserve a capital) are similar games

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
strum4h said:
owned. I believe that pwned was started because of a typo because o and p are next to eachother.
I always thought this too.

So people are getting up in arms about the misspelling of a misspelling?

The internet is a strange place.
I don't think it's the misspelling. People see Microsoft trying to get on their good side after everything else in that horrible commercial. The ad using "p0wned" instead of "pwn3d" or "pwned" just shows that Microsoft is ridiculously out of touch and simply doesn't care about PC gaming any more, not even bothering to do the five minutes of research it would take to figure out how to spell one of the most used (and mocked) words on the Internet.

Dec 14, 2009
Double A said:
Daystar Clarion said:
strum4h said:
owned. I believe that pwned was started because of a typo because o and p are next to eachother.
I always thought this too.

So people are getting up in arms about the misspelling of a misspelling?

The internet is a strange place.
I don't think it's the misspelling. People see Microsoft trying to get on their good side after everything else in that horrible commercial. The ad using "p0wned" instead of "pwn3d" or "pwned" just shows that Microsoft is ridiculously out of touch and simply doesn't care about PC gaming any more, not even bothering to do the five minutes of research it would take to figure out how to spell one of the most used (and mocked) words on the Internet.
Ah, well that makes sense then.

[sub]I probably should have read the article...[/sub]