Pachter: Ex-IW Heads Have "No Prayer" of Recapturing Modern Warfare

Brawndo

Jun 29, 2010
Maybe they'll just let the Modern Warfare series die a peaceful death? Along with Call of Duty as well?

Let it go with dignity, don't draw it out with the same exact game, except with more perks and guns.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
the.chad said:
As much as I dislike Patcher, I think he would be right.
Of course he is! He has a law degree, so for once, he actually knows what he is talking about.

I also found West and Zampella's amendment to be bizzare precisely for the same reason that Pachter mentioned. Activision giving them creative control over the brand (although, frankly, Infinity Ward enjoyed plenty of freedom throughout its existance) isn't the same as giving them the IP. Just beacuse they could do whatever they wanted with the brand (in terms of game development) doesn't mean that they owned the brand or that Activision had to go through them in order to undergo any other Modern Warfare-related projects.

On that point, I doubr West and Zampella are going to get very far in the courtroom.

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
Can't wait for this Call of Duty bubble to burst. If they manage to trump the squillions they sold with their previous serving of tripe, I'll eat my hat.

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
As much as im looking forward to the closure of Modern Warfare series, I suppose its ok to be pessimistic about the game now... :(

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
L34dP1LL said:
johnman said:
Autofaux said:
Let's just hope that having three studios work on the same game won't be the absolute worst idea Activision has ever come up with, aside from Treyarch "Mediocrity Incarnate" Corporation's fever dream Black Ops..
Which sold incredibly well and won a slew of awards, so yeah, awful move on their part.
Awful move on our part really, we the gamers got drawn to the because of the Call of Duty franchise, not because of the content.
Oh I agree with you there, we may ***** and moan about boring games with no creativitiy and boring brown samey cover based shooters. Yet they all sell like cheap cystal meth , so why would the publishers care?

Sikachu

Apr 20, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
While the idea of Modern Warfare's creators snatching the title back from Activision is very Robin Hood [http://www.amazon.com/Robin-Hood-Wanted-Brian-Bedford/dp/B000ICM5T4/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1302104959&sr=1-2]-esque
Absolutely loving the neutrality of this reporting right here. You auditioning for a job at Fox?