Pachter: Nintendo Makes the Best First Party Games

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
OK, so...

Pachter has gone from being paid as an analyst and stating the obvious to being paid as an analyst and stating his opinion?

TOP SHELF ANALYSING, MICHAEL.

"I'm sure that there is a scientific way to determine who is better..." Yeah, that's your job, Pachter. You know, working with statistics and such to define who is in a favourable position (and who is going to be in a favourable position in a year or two). Gonna try it any time soon?

Dec 27, 2010
This would be true if it were the 90's. Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying that Nintendo doesn't make great games, it's just that alot of their titles (and there are quite alot) are either sh*t or tweaked versions of previous games.

Fensfield

Nov 4, 2009
Oh here we go >.>

But in all seriousness, while 'vastly superior' is the exaggeration he's duty-bound to make as an employee.. true 'nuff. I have no real love for Nintendo's first party games at all, really, but their quality and sales are indisputably high.

Still, Microsoft claiming they had the best first party content in the industry was just hilarious. Their games are good, sure, but seriously .. XD

Keldon888

Apr 25, 2009
Hey guys! Did you know that the company who's console exists almost entirely upon first party games has the strongest first party lineup!?!?!

But really, the Mario games are almost always great, Zelda games are always at least good. And friendly games like Kart, or Party are always a blast. Everyone knows this stuff,and it's not like Sony doesn't have it's own strong lineup with God of War and Uncharted and whatnot, but it's just not in the same league.

This is some strong "analysis" here.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
In other news, the sky is blue, the grass is green and haters are gonna hate. Huh look, I can state the obvious, I must be an analyst too!

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Perhaps hes right, but i personally have no interest in Nintendo products. Please let that poor plumber rest already!

paketep

Jul 14, 2008
Pachter: yadda yadda yadda... BS BS BS... obvious thing, another obvious thing, yadda yadda.

Take that, and copy and paste it whenever you want to post some Pachter "news".

Or, much much better... just don't post content coming from that useless tool.

HK_47

Jul 18, 2011
I wouldn't really, as many of its best exclusive titles have a history of jumping over.
At the moment I would put Microsoft second, but this could easily change, as both sony and Microsoft fair the same on this issue.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
I know that Sony's tactic for first party games is buying studios to make stuff for them, but for me anyway that's an effective way of getting my vote. Nintendo's IPs will always be more iconic than say, inFamous or Ratchet and Clank, but in my mind Sony have the better games.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Woodsey said:
40 years of tweaking will generally leave a game fairly polished.
Then again, look at what happened to Duke Nukem Forever [/trollface] [http://files.sharenator.com/trollface_WRAPPEDinBACONs_FIRST_PIC_DUMP-s469x428-137060.jpg]

OT: Thank you, Mr. Patcher, for stating the obvious. Wouldn't it be nice to, you know, more properly analyze things every now and again?

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
No shit Sherlock. And we needed an analyst to state the obvious. To be honest, yes, Ninty does the very best first party games and sadly, in many cases that's all they have to sell consoles, heck, that's all they need to sell consoles. And that's pretty fine by me.

Richard Allen

Mar 16, 2010
Wow way to state the obvious. Nintendo invests heavily in their first party titles while Sony and MS could really care less it's been like that for a while.

Now go compare Nintendo's IP vs. some studios and there you will see a spanking. Wow alone is probably worth more then all of nintendo's ip add in sc, d3, CoD:x, etc and it's pretty clear your limiting the compition to a non-competitive segment.

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
Craazhy said:
Of course I know that 100% of what Nintendo develops is almost 100% more likely to be purchased by casual gamers than others, but how does it compare to the percentage of income hardcore gamers pour into real games? Are the majority of total gamers actually casual?

Then again its not like hardcore gamers don't delve into Nintendo products every now and again, but its certainly few and far between. The only thing I've bought from Nintendo besides one console in the last like fifteen years were a few Zelda games and the Super Smash Bros. series. Nothing from hand-held either.
For the first paragraph - I believe that most casual gamers are underage, seniors, and adults past 30. Underage have the8ir parents to buy games for them, seniors have money from things like retirement or the money they've saved up throughout their ENTIRE LIVES, and adults above 30 have jobs. Nintendo makes and publishes the best casual games out of the three and they probably have the most brand recognition these days. And don't forget that most hardcore gamers are in that 18-24 range. We're still in college. That means tuition. That means shortage of money.

As for the second paragraph hardcore gamers love Nintendo. It is certainly NOT few and far between the times I play Nintendo games. You just aren't that big a fan of Nintendo as other people. Trust me when I say that you are in the minority, not buying that many Nintendo games. Us 18-24 year olds and people a little older than us grew up with Nintendo. As long as the core Nintendo franchises are around, I guarantee that us hardcore gamers will eat them up.

viranimus said:
I dont know. Is it that Nintendo makes the best, or is it because Nintendo makes the most out of any of the three console manufacturers?

Seems like a fairly unbalanced comparison. One company puts out 3 games per year, another only two and nintendo puts out 8. And considering how many of those are not actually great games, such as weird mario spin offs etc. I think the argument is definitely in question.
No it's definitely because Nintendo makes the best. If you looked on metacritic you'd see that the most recent core (not spin-off) incarnations of Nintendo's franchises on average were rated higher (not counting Other M of course) than anything Sony or Microsoft put out. Speaking of, what exactly does Microsoft or Sony themselves make? 343 is making Halo, and Bungie did before that, so do we really classify them as first party titles? Sure they're exclusive, but I'm sure there's a difference between exclusive and first party.

Also can someone actually give me the names of some first party Microsoft and Sony titles? Because I cannot think of any exclusives that aren't developed by third parties.

SaintMorose

Nov 18, 2010
Maybe Nintendo remakes* the best first party games

At this point though

Uncharted
Gran Turismo
God Of War
Little Big Planet
TeamIco - Ico/Shadow/Guardian

vs

Mario Galaxy
Wii Zelda
Wii Mario Bros
Kirby's Yarn
Mario Kart

vs

Forza
Halo
Fable
some Rare games
some Kinect games

I dont think Nintendo is a clear cut winner anymore or winner period

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Right, because Uncharted, Halo, God of War, Fable are clearly games that don't give Nintendo a run for its money, right?