Pachter: PS3 Sales to Grow, Price to Remain the Same

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
thiosk said:
The general trend i've noticed over the past several years is that the analysts seem to agree that ps3 dominance is perpetually just around the corner, and the same analysts always agree that the wii has sold its last unit. Microsoft seems to be doing quite well just keeping on with their keeping on.
The PS3 is slowly going up in sales, only 5 million behind the 360, last I remember checking it was 8 million behind last year, and that's actually very significant if you look at hardware sales in terms of how long they've been out. (I'd make a chart, but VGChartz is being stupid)

Taking the sales for the 360 in 4 years since launch, and sales of PS3 in 4 years since launch, the PS3 is actually selling at faster rate than the 360. The Wii is slowly [and I mean slowly) stagnating in sales, but it's still generally up there with a few hiccups of high and low sales every other month or so.

Anyway, OT: Shut up Pachter, I just explained what you were saying with 10x more evidence. I got nothing against the guy, he's just one of those people that needs to keep quiet most of the time (along with Fils-Aime, though not nearly as bad).

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
Scobie said:
Michael Pachter is an idiot and I have no idea why people are still paying attention to him. There must be other industry analysts out there. Can't we hear from some of them instead?
This.

Escapist, please stop running articles on this mans drivel. He's either badly wrong or blindingly obvious.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
It's about time. I'm glad to hear that they MIGHT be pulling themselves out of the hole they've dug themselves into.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Hurrr...
Sony finally makes money at the current price, and that Move thing will inevitably attract SOME buyers (ok, those buyers might need diapers and the occasional rabies shot, but whatever). Yeah, another brilliant deduction by Professor Retard over here...
Christ this guy is thick, yet he makes money doing it. If anybody needs proof that the universe is a fundamentally unfair place, look at this twat...

Generator

May 8, 2009
Well, they do have a decent line-up coming up in the following months. And I'm sure anyone who actually wanted/wants a PS3 anymore isn't expecting a price drop anytime soon anyways, and has either already bought one or plans on doing so soon.

Also, unrelated, but this makes me very happy that I got my PS3 immediately after the price drop to $300; it makes me feel like it was the right time and I made a good decision.