Pachter Supports Ubisoft DRM

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Samurai Goomba said:

Yeah, not much to say since the Logan pretty much refuted this guy's argument before anyone else could. We don't care THAT there is DRM, just what KIND of DRM it is. I've been tempted to play an Ubisoft game on my PC, but there's no way I'm installing their current DRM on my machine.

Furburt said:
How silly of him. From his comments on that he welcomes the flames, he appears to believe that if you oppose Ubisofts DRM, you're automatically a pirate. Very narrow-minded, I must say.

I myself have no problem with companies defending their products, in theory, but when something like the Ubisoft DRM, totally obfuscating and counter-productive, comes along, only a fool would support it out of principle, which appears to be what Pachter is doing.
Haven't you heard? All positions on any controversial issue can be summed up as being 100% for something or 100% against it. That's why the two-party political system in America works so well, because there are only two possible opinions to have and everyone's position remains the same regardless of circumstance.
Teehee, your post is made of win.

On-topic:

NEWS FLASH: Industry Analyst Michael Pachter Says Something Stupid! Again!

This honestly doesn't surprise me.Everyone else here's hit the nail on the head and I'm not going to bother with a reply if Pachter can't be bothered doing some research.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
lol he missed the point of the question completely.

Pachter is old. Someone please link him to Shamus Young so some1 can tell him what is wrong with this particular brand of DRM.

Aenir

Mar 26, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
I can't help but feel that Pachter has missed the point a little bit. People aren't upset that Ubisoft used DRM; it's that it's such a draconic system. No reasonable person is going to begrudge Ubisoft trying to protect its revenue; it's the way the company chose to do it that garnered so many angry comments.
This.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Earthbound said:
I refuse to agree with this man on the basis that legitimate customers shouldn't be treated like criminals. Ubisoft's system of DRM is the single most disgusting abomination to ever hit gaming. I hope people like Pachter don't encourage Ubisoft to continue this.
Second. And the it was the second post too, hrhr. But yeah, I wanted to play AC2, but refuse to support such utter bullshit in thier DRM. Especially when they flat out stated that Steam wasn't an option because it was "too pirateable", and then thier stuff is cracked and lo and behold the crack is a golden ticket to all thier games on the launcher. Smooth move idiots.