Pain Tolerance

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
So... my armpit pretty much just exploded because of an odd boil, leaving a hole big enough to fit the tip of my finger (though, mind you, I'd rather not try it) - after quickly bandaging myself up and cleaning the blood and pus out of the sink, I shrugged off the pain and went back to browzing the internet while half-heartedly doodling.

While I have a fairly high tolerance to pain - I've always had - there'll still be a trip to the hospital in it for me on monday (I'm all fine dealing with the pain, infection on the other hand, I'd rather avoid)

This got me thinking; What's your pain tolerance like?

Can you handle the pain, or do you instantly reach for the painkillers?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Pain killers, including morphine, oxy, codeine, and just about everything else, do not work on me.

I had to get a high tolerance for pain or kill myself years ago.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Pain isn't that tough for me to deal with.
All of the injuries I've suffered have been fairly painful, but not as bad as they appear to be.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Firstly, you should totally stick your finger in that hole, you know you want to :p
I can handle the pain when i have to, but i normally go straight for the pain killers. Whats the point in having ridiculous amounts of codeine around the house if i'm not going to use it?

Dec 14, 2009
I thought I could handle a bit of pain. Appendicitis threw that theory out of the window. I've never felt pain that intense, it was insane.

Marine Mike

Mar 3, 2010
I reach for the painkillers for a completely different reason...

Anyways, I had accidentally cut my finger open with a razor knife doing some contracting work. Not only did I keep working for 3 hours after I wrapped my finger in some napkins and duct tape, I then insisted on going to Starbucks to get some coffee and some food before heading to the hospital. Turns out I needed 8 stitches, which got put in with full feeling in my hand because the Lidocaine shots didn't work.

...I guess once you get your foot run over by a Humvee, everything else just isn't as painful in comparison.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
I hate pain; it hurts. I usually make a fuss over paper cuts.
On the other hand, when I have to take the pain for whatever reason, I can tolerate a surprising amount.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
I'm terrible, the slightest thing will cause me severe pain. Makes me worry slightly about getting my lip pierced, but hey, it won't hurt for long.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
I severely broke my arm last year which still has quite bad effects, I broke it in a moshpit yet I still carried on in the moshpit till the particular band had finished and then I went straight to see another band right after, it was a few hours till I got my arm checked out. I also get my septum pierced which I will admit hurt quite a lot and I've suffered plenty of other unjuries without really complaining bout it that much.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
AccursedTheory said:
Pain killers, including morphine, oxy, codeine, and just about everything else, do not work on me.

I had to get a high tolerance for pain or kill myself years ago.
Basically this. I haven't tried codeine or oxy, but morphine, vicodin, and over the counter painkillers do absolutely nothing to me. I just suck it up and be on my way.

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
I can handle a lot of pain, but if it's prolonged, and unignorable(word?) then it makes me extremely irritable.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
I try to avoid pain, i am afraid of it.
But i do have a pretty high tolerance for it, i just don't like getting hurt.

Dusk_Chaos

Jan 11, 2010
If you saw my scars you would know how much pain I can tolerate. Looking back I am not sure how I tolerated the pain so well.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Only pain I face regularly are headache and backpain, I usally dont take anything, as a good night of rest solves it.