Painful stupid stunts~

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
Powereaver said:
I was practicing batting with my cricket bat in my small outdoor "garden" and taking full swings.. when one swing .. i managed to collect the washingline with my bat... ricocheting the bat off the line into my face... so basically i managed to crack the bridge of my nose slightly due to my own stupidity :p
In light of how the bat is swung in cricket, I'm having a hard time imagining how you did that. Unless you were swinging it around like a baseball bat.

OT: hmm... I accidently slipped while running up the stairs ... got multiple stitches immediately above and below my right eye.

Incidentally, when I actually did try something stupid, i.e. jumping out of my second story room into the garden, i only sprained an ankle. Next time, not even that. You try, you learn.

Dahdutcher

May 1, 2012
SaetonChapelle said:
He is 170lbs of large dude.
77 kg is large now?

Jonluw said:
I misread the title as "Painful stupid puns" for some reason.
Now I'm disappointed.
I read "Painful stupid c**ts", also disappointed :(

---

When I was younger I had one of those ball with elastic, I attached it to my arm and started kicking it as far as possible. It went well for about 30 seconds, and then the damned thing ended up giving me a nut shot.

And for some reason while I was younger and on my bike, I wasn't paying attention to the road and ended up riding against the back of a parked car.

Wadderz

Aug 9, 2011
My friend has had an ICD (implantable cardioverter-defibrillator) since he was quite young due to a congenital heart disorder. In simple terms, if his heart stops working the ICD should detect it and give him a defribillating shock to get the heart started again. A couple of summers back another friend of ours picked the guy up and gave him a "bear hug" greeting. Later we found out that this had crushed one of the wires of the ICD up against his ribcage and started giving faulty readouts to the defibrillator. This in turn caused the ICD to think my friend's heart had stopped beating and it proceeding to try and bring him back from the dead by delivering massive jolts of electricity to his heart. He spent a couple of hours in incredible agony, and a couple of weeks in hospital.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
Dahdutcher said:
SaetonChapelle said:
He is 170lbs of large dude.
77 kg is large now?

Jonluw said:
I misread the title as "Painful stupid puns" for some reason.
Now I'm disappointed.
I read "Painful stupid c**ts", also disappointed :(

---

When I was younger I had one of those ball with elastic, I attached it to my arm and started kicking it as far as possible. It went well for about 30 seconds, and then the damned thing ended up giving me a nut shot.

And for some reason while I was younger and on my bike, I wasn't paying attention to the road and ended up riding against the back of a parked car.
For me? Yeah, thats pretty large. XD He's more bulk than anything else.

IRBaboon

Aug 29, 2009
There is a bush around the corner from my house that my friends and I refer to as the bouncy bush. You can walk on it and jump and stuff. Anyway a couple of years back we were just messing around on it so I climbed a tree that the bush surrounded. I back flipped out of the tree and a branch of the bush caught me in the back.

I got a nice purple line for the next few days

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Well we were out drinking one night and someone managed to lose the bottle opener. Feeling suave i proceeded to smash the top of the bottle against the nearest hard object and the cap came free in one hit. Felt pretty smooth. I took a victory sip while everyone looked on marginally impressed. They, and i, failed to see the shards of glass that came off. I put the bottle to my lips and im gouting blood in almost every direction. I spat a crap tonne of blood all over the floor and managed to wander back to his house to clean up my face. I had a few glass cuts inside and around my mouth. Wasnt pretty. Nothing serious though. Just very bleedy.

Also my friend mistook tissue paper for flash paper and tried to show us a smoke and mirrors magic trick. The only smoke was from his floor after the "flash paper" didnt go up in smoke and instead fell to the floor while ablaze. That took a fair amount of water to fix.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Broke my little finger while rollerscating and a small rock went in between the wheels. I flew forward and to make the bump down on the concrete softer put my arms forwayrd, well my littel finger was 60 degrees in the wrong direction after that.
Also my knee has slid out of place, once both knees when playing football.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
me and some friends were making a movie for a school project. there was a part that required us jumping off a building. so we decided the best way was to jump off of our friend's house. Yeah one of my friends ended breaking his foot in the jump. Got the whole thing on video, which we laughed at later.

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
Other than backyard wrestling, one time I tried to copy Jackie Chan by wall-jumping and making it to a second-story pillar at school. My foot slipped on the very first lunge as I was going for the opposite wall, and face-planted on said-wall. Lip was busted open and broke my glasses. This was in front of parked buses picking up students to go home. Humiliated myself in front of half the school.

Cavira

Nov 10, 2009
I've a number of stupid stunts in my life, most of them while drunk. Let's see, I tried lifting my uncle once and fell backwards with him on top of me, spraining my ankle for a week. Then there were the times I play wrestled with my school friends which was fun until one of them chokeslammed the other in the middle of my living room.

One of the dumbest was when I was chasing my best mate and he closed my bedroom door. Normally that wouldn't be so bad except the majority of the door was plywood and I'm rather heavy set. I plowed straight through it at an awkward angle as I was trying to stop myself. Spent the next 15 mins on the hallway floor before I even attempted to get up. If you're wondering, no I don't remember why I was chasing him and yes we are still friends.

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
nothing as serious as yours, but me and a friend were throwing a ball back and forth while we were walking up some stairs. Me first walking backwards up and my friend a small distance behind me. My friend threw the ball a bit too high and I walked, still backwards, up the stairs to try and catch it, thought I was at the top(I wasn't), turned around and smashed my face in the railing. half my front tooth fell out, but not before it pierced my lip. I had to glue that part on again.

another funny related to that story is that me and some friends were hanging out. I had bought some candy. I think it's called "drumstick"(I'm not sure how to explain the consistency of the candy, but its kinda resilient, hard to bite through). I bit in this and tried to pull off some. I didn't actually manage to pull any off, so i turned to my friends and said something. I don't think I've seen anyone laugh as hard as they were doing, ever. I hadn't realized that half my tooth was now stuck in the drumstick and I was looking like an idiot.

oh, and that time i was cycling home from school and I decided to bounce my front wheel right and left repeatedly.
Yep, that didn't go very well. I fell of my bike and my bottom rib hit the edge of the handlebar. I now have a scar to remind me of my stupidity in the shape of the Nike logo.

And of course the time i was cycling home from school and there was a spider hanging from my handlebar. It was making its way down to the ground and I saw it when it was right beside my front wheel....
yes, I had the brilliant idea that I should try to get it away with my foot. Probably my stupidest idea ever. My foot got caught in the front wheel and I went over the handlebar and on the ground. My foot hurt for months, or rather, my big toe.