Parental Trouble

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I need some advice. My parents have been fighting with each other for a while and lately it's been getting worse. I don't like to hear them fight and I feel like I'm being a burden to them because I've heard them mention my name as well as my sister's name more than once. What should I do? I mean I want to help them patch things up.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Butting in only makes things worse. Children are a big part of any couples' life, so it's only natural for them to come up in any heated argument. The best thing you can do is to be a sounding board for them. Don't instigate anything, but if you're alone with one of them and they start going on and on about everything wrong with the other, just smile and nod and let them blow off their steam.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
My parents divorced 5 years ago. Probably the best thing you can do (assuming you aren't in physical danger) is just go to your room or go someplace else and just wait it out. It's not your fight, getting involved won't help.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
My parents divorced when I was five. It's never bothered me because they were so nice about it. They just split up, they were still nice to each other.

Guess what, it's not your fault. It could never be your fault. My parents did a big number on informing me of this, if they mention your names, it's because they're trying to get leverage in an argument.

If it doesn't turn out okay between your parents, they'll still love you, it takes a monumental event to hurt a parent's love for a child, like a murder or something. It'll all be okay, until then, just shut out the shouting and listen to music or something.