Parents playing YOUR video games

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
My Dad and I used to Race in the first Forza for the longest time, but other than that he doesn't game that much. My Mum likes to play Galaga on my 360 when she has the time. She played it when she was my age and she's still fucking good at it. Neither of my parents are gamers though so the closest I normally get is showing my Mum the stories in my RPGs so that she takes my side when my grandparents complain about the violence in games

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Captain Pancake said:
The closest I've gotten them is to watch me playing Resident evil 4, and all they did was mock the bad voice-acting.
Something akin to this. I'm afraid they're right..most games are pretty atrocious in terms of everything but brainless fun.

I did have a phase when my mother and I would demolish one another's Tetris highscores. We're both pretty good Tetris players, so these sessions would often stretch to above an hour.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
I rented Luigi's mansion for a weekend, didnt like it and asked my dad to return it the following morning. I came home from school the next day and found him screaming at the TV as he attempted to beat the game. I had to remove the game because he was getting so worked up that i feared my TV would be broken by a flying gamecube controller.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I tried getting my dad to play "Wii Play" with me when I first got my Wii.

He got frustrated and gave up when he couldn't find out how to hit the billiard ball with the wiimote (Hold B, move the remote back, and let go as you thrust forward.)

So much for being accessible to everyone Nintendo! LIARS!

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
My dad was briefly into the PS2 in fact he bought Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time for himself however the interest passed after a while and now he hasn't touched a game in years.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
My mother used to be a hardcore player of sims and I have it on good authority that she used to play final fantasy. And my dad was the reason I started gaming he used to play many games, I have memories of him playing GTA: vice city.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
I made my mom play God of War.
And dad walked in and said "Can't you do better?".
It ended up those two playing on "shifts", getting all the way to Pandoras Temple. Then I said that it was my turn.

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
I got my mom to play Guitar Hero 2 on Easy (What she called "Retard Mode") and she failed miserably.

I got my Dad to sing a few songs on The Beatles Rock Band, and he did fairly well seeing how he loves the Beatles. My Dad also has a love for Galaga, so we play that sometimes.

Other than that, not really. My parents don't think highly of video games in general.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
I think I just might have the biggest ex-gaming freak for a mum here. Gran Turismo 2 & 3, they were hers, and I have never seen anybody better at them, Mortal Combat Trilogy, she was insane with Raiden, Tetris, Mario Kart, GTA 3, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Super Mario 64, James Bond Nightfire, Spiderman (the original PS version), Prince Of Persia, Rayman 1 & (especially) 2, The Settlers - Rise Of An Empire... i could go on and on... She used to monopolise my PS and PC, however she has now taken to condemning all of my FPS', Survival Horror and brutal Third Person Action games (She hates Call Of Duty, Infamous, Metal Gear Solid and Max Payne with a PASSION), and now only plays games on her iPhone, the main culprits? Angry Birds, Tetris (yet again, that and GT2 were her obsessions) and Boggle (you heard me, Boggle). I rest my case

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
I got my mom to play rock band... haha.

That's pretty much it. I wonder if I could get her to play Mega Man... say it's easy or something. That would be fun.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
I had my mother(who gets extreme motion sickness) to play Mario Kart Double Dash...She threw up like 3 times after one race, I felt pretty bad about it

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Furious Styles said:
my dad's something of a gamer anyway, so he tends to do okay. My mum has never touched a game controller
Pretty much this. There was a time (way back when, when the original xbox was still around, and Halo 2 and Battlefront 2 were at least 98% of my gaming time) that my Dad would own me at pretty much anything, especially if it was somehow driving related.
The mother not so much, although I remember her being pretty good at chu-chu rocket.

Actually, it would probably be more fair in my examples to say that I was playing their video games. That wouldn't be the case now. I may try to introduce Mum to portal, I think she'd enjoy it.
And possibly my Grandfather might enjoy Red Dead Redemption. I just need to work out how many Westerns were as violent as 'The Man with No Name' trilogy...

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I play a lot of games with my dad. He's good, but not at L4D versus. He didn't know he was supposed to close the door to the saferoom, and I didn't tell him he needed to, so I killed about 2 of his teammates.

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
My mom use to play Dragon warriors 3 all the time on the NES. What makes me feel proud about my mom is that when she went around discovering new land, she would draw and map it out on a large piece of paper with a friend. So in the end they would have their own map and could use it for a reference on where to go when doing a quest. She was such a nerd, and still is since she plays WoW from time to time. :)

Livinitlargeinabin

Sep 24, 2008
The only game my dad was ever good at was Porsche Challenge on the PS1
I think he tried Battlefront once, he couldn't get the hang of the analogue sticks unfortunately

Serisan

Jul 11, 2010
I got my girlfriend, her sister, and her father into Diablo 2 in one fell swoop. Does that count for anything?