Participate in the Vindictus Community Event and Enter to Win a Limited Edition Spirit Hood

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Participate in the Vindictus Community Event and Enter to Win a Limited Edition Spirit Hood

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/VindictusEvent]

Morrighan's war to destroy every gnoll, kobold and baddie in the world continues, and Nexon needs the help of The Escapist warrior community to complete the goddess's vision. By participating and becoming part of our in-game guild, you will be eligible to win a limited edition Vindictus branded Spirit Hood!

Vindictus is a free-to-play MMORPG like no other. Blood spurts from enemies as your twin blades slice through them. Enemy corpses themselves become sadistic weapons as you lift them up and use them against fresh enemies. Walls crumble and whole buildings topple, providing you with new toys in the battlefield. With Source Engine physics and destructible, interactive environments, Vindictus redefines everything you thought you knew about "free-to-play."

If that wasn't enough to make you want to download and play, members of The Escapist staff have created a guild and are giving away prizes!

What are the prizes you ask? We have five (5) limited edition Vindictus Spirit Hoods to give away to those brave enough to help us become the largest guild on the server. To aid us on our path, join [user]Kuliani[/user](as Kuliania) and [user]Spinwhiz[/user] (as Spinwhiz) in-game every day this week from 3PM to 5PM EST for grouping, questions and overall comradery.

Nexon created a simple (and FREE) registration process, so click here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/VindictusEvent] to head over to the main event page and view all the rules.

Please note, Vindictus will currently only work for those residing in the United States.

Polock

Jan 23, 2010
Well. I did this. PLEASE LET ME IN YOUR GUILD. Hahaha

Vindictus is a pretty good game. I mean lets not get to hasty, its a free instance based MMO, which means there isn't much sustenance to it. But it does run on the source engine, and looks and plays really well. Some of the combat when you are with friends is EPIC too.

My one friend through a chain with a hook at the end at this giant boss we were facing. The boss FELL DOWN and my friend slowly dragged him while I shoved a fireball up his nose. It was actually pretty exciting!

That being said the servers on that game could use some work, as there is a lot of lag when you play with friends (but its still playable).

No idea why I'm reviewing the game here. But OT, I signed up for this =P

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
I got exactly as far as seeing it was another "Nexon's rent your gear" setups and wandered off... sorry.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
Bummer, I was actually considering this right up until the last line. Curse you, region locking!

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
Rogue 9 said:
Bummer, I was actually considering this right up until the last line. Curse you, region locking!
It works in Canada too so maybe you'll be able to get online. Just try it.

suzaku4489

Jun 8, 2010
I had lots of fun hanging with you guys today. I look forward to more fun times ahead.
Character name: Belldandy

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
zombi2989 said:
Is there going to be a west server escapist guild anytime soon?
There actually is an Escapist guild on the West server as well. However, in order to have your name in the hat for the limited edition Spirit Hood, you have to join the guild on the East server. You don't actually have to play if you are playing on the West server, we just need to make sure we can track you easily.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
suzaku4489 said:
I had lots of fun hanging with you guys today. I look forward to more fun times ahead.
Character name: Belldandy
Bell, thank you for all the help! Now I want to hit lvl 24 more than ever! *grind grind grind*

zombi2989

Fred-O
Oct 17, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
zombi2989 said:
There actually is an Escapist guild on the West server as well. However, in order to have your name in the hat for the limited edition Spirit Hood, you have to join the guild on the East server. You don't actually have to play if you are playing on the West server, we just need to make sure we can track you easily.
Shibby.

Sonofadiddly

Dec 19, 2009
I just want to point out that the tag line in one of the ads for this game is "The Way Out is Through," which is totally a Nine Inch Nails song. What is up with that??

AppleShrapnel

Jan 2, 2010
Sonofadiddly said:
I just want to point out that the tag line in one of the ads for this game is "The Way Out is Through," which is totally a Nine Inch Nails song. What is up with that??
An epic song, to be sure...

Playing Vindictus with some NiN blasting from the speakers makes for an awesome game experience. XD

Sonofadiddly

Dec 19, 2009
AppleShrapnel said:
Sonofadiddly said:

Playing Vindictus with some NiN blasting from the speakers makes for an awesome game experience. XD
Clipping your toenails with some NiN blasting from the speakers makes for an awesome toenail experience.

AppleShrapnel

Jan 2, 2010
Sonofadiddly said:
AppleShrapnel said:
Sonofadiddly said:

Clipping your toenails with some NiN blasting from the speakers makes for an awesome toenail experience.
Well... yeah. Thought that went without saying...

Listening to NiN with some NiN blasting from the speakers makes for an awesome NiN-listening experience.

Scye

Nov 11, 2010
Spinwhiz said:
zombi2989 said:
Now I wish I read these comments. Im West Coast and I just found out yesterday that the reason my dungeon, and mates, lag is because of me being so far away from the host. :(

After getting to lvl20 on East Coast, I'm kinda disinterested in rerolling West, however the game is somewhat entertaining enough to try again I suppose.

Oh well. Thanks for letting me into the East Coast guild and participating in the contest!