Patrick Stewart

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Everybody loves Patrick Stewart, if you don't this isn't the thread for you. So I want to know what your favourite Patrick Stewart scenes are. He's so awesome that he hasn't aged a day since 1987, Connery who?

Mine is this scene from Extras, the first time I saw it I laughed so hard that I lost control of my bladder.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Damn it! You stole my favourite in the first post! Such a beautiful scene. I suppose I'll have to go with his highly educational videos from sesame street.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I like Patrick Stewart, but he is in danger of falling prey to Betty White syndrom, where he's just used for yucks because he's Patrick Stewart.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well for one thing he's good at photobombing-

Anyway I don't have a specific favourite scene with him but I did like him playing as Proffessor X in the X Men movies.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
I don't really have a favourite scene but you have to admit he was fantastic as Avery Bullock in American Dad.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I liked him in American Dad as Deputy Director Bullock

This isn't my favorite scene but its the only thing I could find it up on youtube.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
He's in two of my favourite movies of all times... even when he's not the lead, his voice and odd physiognomy just add the special little something for me.

Surprise Patrick Stewart @ 9:50:

<youtube=XzFOWbloN9Y>

Bonus Patrick Stewart looking awesome @ 0:57:

<youtube=uUfbAVLP14E>

Honestly, I only watched Star Dreck: TNG because of Patrick Stewart, getting my weekly Patrick Stewart fix... just about all the other characters annoyed the pants off of me. Making Deanna Troi a love interest made me pray for nuclear war.

Octorok

May 28, 2009
I'm very, very fond of Sir Patrick Stewart OBE, and a few roles spring to mind.

Firstly, the old Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. His scene with Alec Guiness is amazing. The interaction between the two is fierce, despite Stewart never saying a single word. It's all just watching his character think about what Guiness is telling him, and watching Guiness attempt what he knows from the start is an impossible task.

Next up, another excellent BBC drama. I, Claudius. He played the cold, ruthless, ambitious Power-behind-the-Throne Sejanus, and damn did he make a good villain. You watch him manipulate and dominate the various people in his life, and watch his enemies conspire against him for years, as he slowly picks them off, one by one.

Of course, all of Star Trek: TNG, but in particular these moments, where the show and the character really became powerful, emotional pieces that stick with you for years to come.

And, finally, his tremendous body of stage work. The list of great roles he has played in Shakespeare is too vast to go through here, but I think one of my all-time favourites will be his role as Claudius with David Tennant as Hamlet. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the best versions ever made, right up there with Branagh's 4-hour epic.

PS -

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
This thread needs more Star Trek.

He may be a great Shakespearean actor, but you can't deny his acting talents outside Shakespeare are noteworthy.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
He was great as Ebeneezer Scrooge. That was even better than his work as Picard, even though that might be hard to believe.

MeowZhuxi

Aug 30, 2009
I saw him in Macbeth at BAM; holy crap was it awesome. On the other hand, I saw him last year in Bingo in London and that was awful (not really his fault, the play is just lame).

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I've met the man at Oz Comic Con. Best day ever.

OT He is fantastic in XMen.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Goofguy said:
evilneko said:
Also he's 76 and just married a 35 year-old.
And it was Sir Ian McKellen who performed the ceremony. How awesome is that.
Married by Gandalf. Yes...

In any case, time to flaunt:

Patrick Stewart keeps a house on the moor my family looks after. So we end up doing a lot of work/business with him. Like clearing out a rabbit infestation when he wanted to landscape his garden.

Evil Smurf said:
I've met the man at Oz Comic Con. Best day ever.

OT He is fantastic in XMen.
Well, we see him quite a bit! SO HA! :D

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009
mysecondlife said:
I liked him in American Dad as Deputy Director Bullock
(Snip clip of Bullock singing about little girls.)

For those of you who don't know, this is the original song he was referencing:

And as long as we're talking about Shakespeare:

It's one of the best renditions of the "Oh, what a rogue and peasant slave am I" speech I've ever seen.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I want to be married by Gandalf too!!!
How many more year do I have to live to make that come true?

eimatshya

Nov 20, 2011
Here's another one of my favorite Picard speeches, in a similar vein to the the clip octoroc posted above:

The first time I ever saw this episode, this scene floored me (admittedly it's more powerful within the context of the entire episode), and my first thoughts were: "Patrick Stewart's such a bad-ass."