Paul McCartney Working With Bungie

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Paul McCartney Working With Bungie

Former Beatle, Paul McCartney, may be writing music for Bungie's upcoming Marathon revival.

McCartney, or "Macca," as he's known to the UK press, announced that he was working on music for an unnamed game back in January. Today, he uploaded the image to the right to his Twitter and Facebook accounts, then tweeted the following:

"I'm really excited to be working on writing music with Bungie, the studio that made Halo."
That's a fairly vague statement, and it isn't clear if it's connected with the project McCartney mentioned back in the beginning of the year.

According to a contract that came to light during the publisher's drawn-out legal slugfest against former Infinity Ward developers, Activision has signed on Bungie to produce an unnamed science-fiction shooter franchise. The document also revealed that the developer is working on a new Marathon title, the first new installment in the series since 1996's Marathon Infinity.

Though known mostly for his pop-writing chops (and, as of late, his well-documented divorce) McCartney's solo career includes numerous classical and electronica albums. It's really not too hard to imagine him scoring a videogame.

Source: Facebook [https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151116965733313&set=a.488766413312.281294.182736663312&type=1]

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
thomaskattus said:
Well you cannot go wrong with hiring one of the best songwriters in rock music history.
Too bad they didn't hire one of the best songwritiers in rock music history in my opinion.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
McCartney and Marty working in collaboration...

This soundtrack just might cure cancer.

theLadyBugg

May 24, 2010
Definitely excited about this -- and the fact that Paul McCartney's music career has now been going strong for what? Five decades? All of the thumbs up!

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well Halo always did have an excellent Soundtrack, so it seems like Bungie games will continue to have that, nice to hear that regardless of how this Marathon game turns out I have something to look forward to.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
while on the one hand, I'm sure this will make the sound track awesome, as SIR Paul McCartney (don't be busting rank on him) is a living legend in the music world

on the other, there was my initial reaction of 'that seems like such a waste of talent'

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Eh, I highly doubt that he's going to be any better than Nobuo Uematsu.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Well it's too bad it'll suck. Who the hell has enjoyed anything from this bloke since the Beatles? Hans Zimmer macca ain't....

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Raven said:
Well it's too bad it'll suck. Who the hell has enjoyed anything from this bloke since the Beatles? Hans Zimmer macca ain't....
<youtube=pZdsIj4pAzQ>

<youtube=KBX2dySWGew>

<youtube=M8V1nFCP058>

<youtube=1c5pgo6zU10>

I'm just going to let those songs speak for themselves.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
New Marathon title!?!?!? Ah bollocks, makes me wish I had a Microsoft console or a gaming computer.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
That's great, more importantly, the fucks wrong with the UK press? Macca? This guy is likely directly responsible for setting the mood that created many of these bastards or their parents and they're gonna get familiar with him? For shame.