Paul McCartney's Ex: Almost a Bionic Commando

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Paul McCartney's Ex: Almost a Bionic Commando

Heather Mills, better known to the world at large as the ex-wife of former Beatle Paul McCartney, was asked to be "the face" of the new Bionic Commando [http://www.bioniccommando.com/] but was quickly dropped when she demanded a starring role and a huge sum of money.

Bionic Commando is based around a character with a prosthetic arm and since Mills, who has had a prosthetic leg since being hit by a motorcycle in 1993, has been involved with amputee charities for numerous years, she was approached by Capcom [http://www.capcom.com/] with the idea of letting her face and name be used in conjunction with the game. But the publisher quickly backed away when Mills asked for a six-figure fee and demanded that the "star" of the game be a character based on her.

A source quoted by The Sun [http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2440331.ece] said Mills wanted "at least ten times" Capcom's original offer. "She was insistent she wouldn't do it for a smaller fee and said the producers should make her the star," the source claimed. "The request was way, way over budget and they certainly weren't keen on basing the game on her." The deal subsequently fell apart.

Mills herself presented a slightly different version of events on her Twitter page [http://twitter.com/heatherofficial]. "Got offered to promote an amputee bionic computer game, from a wealthy computer games company I said if you donate a large sum to charity," she wrote. "The stingy company came back saying they couldn't, what happened to charitable businesses, seems they just want to exploit and give nothing." She also suggested that Sun journalists should be hooked up to a lie detector and have their testicles electrocuted every time they tell a lie.

via: IncGamers [http://www.incgamers.com/News/16508/]

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Because her money pit made of money in her house made of money on her island made of money is getting a little empty?

If her version is true, however, Yay! Testicular electrocution! Fun for the whole family.

roekenny

Jun 17, 2008
Can't believe I'm saying this but believe the Sun for once as she truly knows no bounds for greed the gold digging cow. However why pick her of all people I do not know, surly someone who has not let their loss of a limb slow them down and overcome all obstacles like a paralympic athlete or someone who done what few able bodied people could even dream of doing would be more suitable for a action game and be alot cheaper and put money to good use?

edit:
However had a point with the electrocution as I don't care if short out a few small towns it be so worth it :D

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
So not giving out vast sums of money you don't even have during an economic crisis is now considered stingy?

Feb 13, 2008
This is really tough. Who do I hate less?

Ah screw it, Mills has already proven herself to be a scheming, gold-digging ratbag. Oh, and she supports PETA.

But let's take a look at that earlier court case:
wiki said:
Mills stated that she needed approximately £360,000 for personal security, £175,000 for her daughter?s security, £176,000 a year for clothes, and the ownership of four homes: one in Beverly Hills, one on Long Island and two in England with a combined value of £5,700,000 as well as £8 million (up to £12,500,000) to buy a home in London, £3 million to buy a home in New York, and £750,000 to buy an office in Brighton, England, for Mills? sister. She also asked for £1 million for legal expenses, £650,500 a year for donations to charities, £650,400 a year to run seven properties with staff, £500,000 a year for holidays, £186,000 a year for chartered helicopters, £43,300 a year for a chauffeur, £20,000 a year for a caregiver, and £191,150 a year for "professional expenses". Mills unexpectedly asked for £40,000 a year for wine (although she rarely drinks alcohol) and £30,000 a year for equestrian activities, but Justice Bennett had to remind her that she did not ride horses any more. Justice Bennett questioned Mills's claim that before she met McCartney she had £2 million to £3 million in bank accounts, so she was asked to produce bank statements to verify the fact. Mills replied that she thought she had them at her home in Brighton, but no bank statements were ever shown to the court, which also cast doubt on her assertion that she gave 80% to 90% of her earned income to charities, as her tax returns (between 1997 and 2000) showed no charitable donations at all. Near the end of the court case, Mills calmly poured a jug of water over the head of McCartney's solicitor, Fiona Shackleton, shouting, "You're a *****! You're a traitor to your sex! How could you do this to another woman?" and, "I'm not a loser".

In his judgment, Justice Bennett described Mills as a "kindly person" who argued her case with a "steely, yet courteous, determination"

McCartney said: "There'll be no more nagging, no more chaos, no more Heather...bliss. I have peace at last."
As for her media relations:
Mills frequently accuses the press of misquoting her, and of using material out of context to give a negative impression of her, telling the Evening Standard that the claims that she had married McCartney for his money were more hurtful than losing her leg.
Not quite enough to forgive wanting £30,000 for riding horses that you can't anymore? Seems she just wants to exploit and give nothing.

HellRaid

Mar 19, 2009
She has a point. The Sun isn't exactly what you can call a credible source of information.

They're probably telling the truth, mind you, but you have to take everything written in that paper with a side salad of sodium chloride :)

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Heather Mills uh? She supports PETA and sucked the money out of Paul McCartney. The motorcycle should have ran over her head.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
This is really tough. Who do I hate less?

Ah screw it, Mills has already proven herself to be a scheming, gold-digging ratbag. Oh, and she supports PETA.

But let's take a look at that earlier court case:
wiki said:
Mills stated that she needed approximately £360,000 for personal security, £175,000 for her daughter?s security, £176,000 a year for clothes, and the ownership of four homes: one in Beverly Hills, one on Long Island and two in England with a combined value of £5,700,000 as well as £8 million (up to £12,500,000) to buy a home in London, £3 million to buy a home in New York, and £750,000 to buy an office in Brighton, England, for Mills? sister. She also asked for £1 million for legal expenses, £650,500 a year for donations to charities, £650,400 a year to run seven properties with staff, £500,000 a year for holidays, £186,000 a year for chartered helicopters, £43,300 a year for a chauffeur, £20,000 a year for a caregiver, and £191,150 a year for "professional expenses". Mills unexpectedly asked for £40,000 a year for wine (although she rarely drinks alcohol) and £30,000 a year for equestrian activities, but Justice Bennett had to remind her that she did not ride horses any more. Justice Bennett questioned Mills's claim that before she met McCartney she had £2 million to £3 million in bank accounts, so she was asked to produce bank statements to verify the fact. Mills replied that she thought she had them at her home in Brighton, but no bank statements were ever shown to the court, which also cast doubt on her assertion that she gave 80% to 90% of her earned income to charities, as her tax returns (between 1997 and 2000) showed no charitable donations at all. Near the end of the court case, Mills calmly poured a jug of water over the head of McCartney's solicitor, Fiona Shackleton, shouting, "You're a *****! You're a traitor to your sex! How could you do this to another woman?" and, "I'm not a loser".

In his judgment, Justice Bennett described Mills as a "kindly person" who argued her case with a "steely, yet courteous, determination"

McCartney said: "There'll be no more nagging, no more chaos, no more Heather...bliss. I have peace at last."
As for her media relations:
Mills frequently accuses the press of misquoting her, and of using material out of context to give a negative impression of her, telling the Evening Standard that the claims that she had married McCartney for his money were more hurtful than losing her leg.
Not quite enough to forgive wanting £30,000 for riding horses that you can't anymore? Seems she just wants to exploit and give nothing.
I can't stand Mr. McCartney or her ex-wife so that didn't bother me a bit. A rich old guy with no knowledge of events that he throws himself into living in the 60's vs a money-grubbing narcisstic gold-digger with no intelligence who supports the PETA.

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
They tried to get Heather Mill(ion)s, the money-grubbing, lying, Beatle leftover? There's way better people they could have gotten (Rick Allen [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Allen_(drummer)] for example).

Feb 13, 2008
Harbinger_ said:
I can't stand Mr. McCartney or her ex-wife so that didn't bother me a bit. A rich old guy with no knowledge of events that he throws himself into living in the 60's vs a money-grubbing narcisstic gold-digger with no intelligence who supports the PETA.
Well, I'd say that Macca at least made some decent music, didn't force his ideas on others, and brought up a reasonably smart daughter. I can't actually think of anything nice to say about Heather Mills.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Harbinger_ said:
Well, I'd say that Macca at least made some decent music, didn't force his ideas on others, and brought up a reasonably smart daughter. I can't actually think of anything nice to say about Heather Mills.
She might die someday? Thats nice? Right? RIGHT?!

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Harbinger_ said:
Ofcourse you'd be absolutely wrong. Paul McCartney is a rabid vegan and has fired crew members for eating meat around him.

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
I agree that she is a greedy *****. But what's wrong with supporting PETA? I always thought they were just like the RSPCA here in Australia, helping to rescue sick and injured animals, but a little more over the top sometimes. Am I missing something?