Paul Walker's Death Delays Fast And Furious 7 to 2015

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Paul Walker's Death Delays Fast And Furious 7 to 2015

Vin Diesel has announced that the movie will still be completed despite co-star Paul Walker's untimely death [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130116-Car-Accident-Takes-the-Life-of-Actor-Paul-Walker].

The Fast And The Furious fans were deeply saddened by news of actor Facebook page [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130116-Car-Accident-Takes-the-Life-of-Actor-Paul-Walker] that despite Walker's death, the movie will still be finished, although it has been delayed from it's original release date of July 11, 2014 to April 10, 2015.

"The last scene we filmed together..." said Diesel, referencing the picture above. "There was a unique sense of completion, of pride we shared... in the film we were now completing... the magic captured... and, in just how far we've come..." He then revealed the movie's new release date, adding "P.s. He'd want you to know first..."

Furthermore, the magic of editing! [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/paul-walkers-death-fast-furious-667232]

Walker played ex-cop Brian O'Conner in the car action franchise, and somewhat ironically died in a tragic car accident earlier in the year. He was 40 years old.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/paul-walkers-death-fast-furious-667232]

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I can understand making it seem like he died in the movie. It is certainly more cost efficient.

A bit grim perhaps, considering the circumstances, but still understandable.

NKRevan

Apr 13, 2011
Piflik said:
If there is no 8th Fast and Furious movie, it was worth it.
The ignorance of current generation summed up. Someone doesn't like something, so it's ok to wish death/destruction/anything bad on that something.

Ridiculous.

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Fast and Furious was never was my cup of tea but damned shame I know a lot of my friends had some love for the movies. And Walker was a good man outside of movies, charity and such. May he rest in peace.

flarty

Apr 26, 2012
Piflik said:
Its OK, i understand it was a joke
NKRevan said:
Piflik said:
The ignorance of current generation summed up. Someone doesn't like something, so it's ok to wish death/destruction/anything bad on that something.

Ridiculous.
The ignorance and self righteousness of the older/younger generation summed up. Someone cracks a joke and because it either went over your head/offended you, you choose to use that one comment to represent everything that you don't like about this "current generation".

Ridiculous!

wombat_of_war said:
Piflik said:
you don't like a movie franchise so you are saying its worth someone dying? you sick fuck
Calm down, I'm pretty confident he was only saying it in bad humor and you calling him a sick fuck is far more offensive than a bad joke.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
flarty said:
Calm down, I'm pretty confident he was only saying it in bad humor and you calling him a sick fuck is far more offensive than a bad joke.
Someone makes a tasteless joke, but calling them out on it is more offensive than them making the joke in the first place? "Logic be damned," I guess.

NKRevan

Apr 13, 2011
flarty said:
The ignorance and self righteousness of the older/younger generation summed up. Someone cracks a joke and because it either went over your head/offended you, you choose to use that one comment to represent everything that you don't like about this "current generation".

Ridiculous!
Yeah...no.

Doesn't matter what generation you are from, joking about things like this is not in any way appropriate, acceptable or understandable. And yet it keeps happening. Maybe it's not this generation but just the internet.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Personally I'd argue that the fact that there even is a Fast and Furious 7 just about sums up everything wrong with the current generation. :p

Piflik

Feb 25, 2010
Some dude died. So what. Just because he starred in a bad movie franchise doesn't make it more important than any of the other thousands of deaths that happen every day and I don't care about either. I don't wish death on anyone, bad actor or not, but it doesn't make any difference to me other than (hopefully) no more Fast and Furious movies.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
I know this is unrelated but can someone explain why there was this big spectacle over Paul Walker's death?

I mean I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but why did he get such an unusually large amount of interest? He's an actor and everything but Nelson Mandela dies a week later and people are still going on about Paul Walker.
I guess what I'm asking is what did he do before dying that generated this media response?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
flarty said:
Piflik said:
Its OK, i understand it was a joke
The thing is, when you joke about stuff such as someone's death, it has to actually be funny (which this was not), otherwise lots of people are going to get annoyed at it (and some will get annoyed anyway).

Anyway, on-topic, I doubt this news surprised anyone, considering that they'd shot quite a lot of it.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
wombat_of_war said:
no im not going to calm down and i understand its bad humour its also completely unacceptable behaviour and i stand by what i said when i got the warning. hes a sick fuck for saying it and the mods can ban my account for all i care and ive told them as such when i got the warning
While I'm not a fan of these 'death hipsters' either, I'm not sure suiciding your user account is the best way forward.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Piflik said:
Some dude died. So what. Just because he starred in a bad movie franchise doesn't make it more important than any of the other thousands of deaths that happen every day and I don't care about either. I don't wish death on anyone, bad actor or not, but it doesn't make any difference to me other than (hopefully) no more Fast and Furious movies.
It's not just some dude when he actually inspired a lot of people. I have one friend who idolized Paul Walker, so I'd say that the impact, whilst not more important, was at least bigger than for most.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Josh12345 said:
I know this is unrelated but can someone explain why there was this big spectacle over Paul Walker's death?

I mean I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but why did he get such an unusually large amount of interest? He's an actor and everything but Nelson Mandela dies a week later and people are still going on about Paul Walker.
I guess what I'm asking is what did he do before dying that generated this media response?
It might just be that an actor who was famous for high speed car chases died in a high speed car crash. Plus there's the fate of the next movie was in question before this announcement. Millions of dollars at stake makes for a good story I guess.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
We'll see how it goes.

I mean, one of my favorite movies of all time had to deal with and edit around the tragedy of its lead star's death.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I can understand the delay since (a) it would feel too close to Paul Walker's untimely passing, (b) they'll need time to figure out how to finish the movie without him, and (c) it will give the studio time to decide where to go with this franchise.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
Piflik said:
oop there we go, and in only 12 posts, the obligatory "thousands of people die every day, this isn't special just because he's famous" post, I'm honestly not sure why I'm responding because there probably isn't anything I can say that hasn't been said before, but here goes,

. you'd be singing a different tune if it were an actor you enjoyed

. those thousands of other people every day don't have a public name, history or face for people to attach to them, therefore caring on any level beyond the utterly pretentious is impossible

. just a quick question, if you don't care why bother posting in the first place?

OT: yeah I think this makes sense, I mean Walker dying is tragic for those that knew him and incredibly inconvenient for the development of the movie, not to mention the manner in which he died could cast a bit of a shadow on the franchise as a whole...maybe

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
RIP Mr Walker, F&F for better or worse sure won't be the same without you.

WombatOfWar said:
no im not going to calm down and i understand its bad humour its also completely unacceptable behaviour and i stand by what i said when i got the warning.
Well said. *gesticulates rudely towards the nihilistic and rude apologists in this thread*