Paused #2

DarkHourPrince

May 12, 2010
Hahaha, these are great. You especially wonder what the characters would say in games where when you pause, things don't stop happening in the background.

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
I don't know what all the above posters see in this, it's not really at all funny. I can't even tell what the joke is at first, and then I realize "Oh, that throwaway line at the end is the joke, I guess". Sorry to be so harsh but this just isn't humorous.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
TheTygerfire said:
I don't know what all the above posters see in this, it's not really at all funny. I can't even tell what the joke is at first, and then I realize "Oh, that throwaway line at the end is the joke, I guess". Sorry to be so harsh but this just isn't humorous.
I like the rather different tone. This isn't trying to be smart or witty. It's just a bit of fun. I much prefer it to all the others.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
TheTygerfire said:
It's more the whole concept of the drivers in this super high-speed-edge-of-your-seat racing game being, judging by their dialogue, an old couple. It's fairly subtle. I like it.

ArmorArmadillo

Mar 31, 2010
Kind of just the one joke trying to carry the whole strip...and well the art seems to be just an excuse to only draw one or two panels. Still, it's better than one of those lazy useless sprite comics.

Skobvs

Nov 26, 2009
WrongSprite said:
Haha :) I like paused, it's my favourite out of the new webcomics I think.
Got that right!

This one is great, however unusual the idea is!

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Wasn't "what characters do when the game is paused?" a fad/advertising campaign at the start of the last console generation?