Paused #7

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Watched Pulp Fiction, didn't get it, not funny. Sorry, the worst Paused so far. Others were much better.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Jaranja said:
Hubilub said:
I get the reference, but I just don't find this all that funny.
Yup, it's the same for me.
Same, good try though...I do remember the scene though, which, made me smile

Apr 28, 2008
hehe, that was entertaining. Not the best though.

And shame to all those who haven't seen Pulp Fiction.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I saw Pulp Fiction and get the reference. It made me chuckle. Could have been better and not my favorite Paused but still good.

(off-topic)HEY! BURNINGSOK! Your Avatar is banging it's head in tune to the music I'm listening too!! 'Till I Collapse - Eminem

TraderJimmy

Apr 17, 2010
Wow, everyone knows exactly how good these comics are, entirely objectively. That's fucking awesome, f'reelzys.

I found it a mildly amusing reference because this kind of thing does crop up in real life - where you really SHOULD get something but it just doesn't hit you like it does someone else. And then you dissect it to death, and you're all "No really, I love that series/film/book" and it's sort of vaguely awkward.

Sorry for trying to explain what I thought was the joke, but it seems almost like a Family Guy joke unless you look at it the way I did (dunno if the author meant it like that or not).

I think Paused is a pretty funny series, all told. Sure, it's gentle humour - but it's PAUSED. The clue is in the name. No bloody pratfalls or brutal deaths, or cheap reaction-shots, or basically any action, just slightly wry dialogue that's worth a look.

I know how Game Dog's defenders felt now. What is it with some people and this fucking NEED to not just dismiss something ("Oh, that's not for me.", "I didn't like it."), but to try to invalidate it and everyone who likes it? Gah.