PAX 2011: Mario Stars in a Pair of Must-Haves for the 3DS

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
orangeapples said:
Susan Arendt said:
orangeapples said:
why are people going gaga over the tanooki suit? Was it THAT amazing?
It made you look like a raccoon, granted you the gift of flight, AND could turn you into a statue.

Granted, the new one doesn't do all that. Which is kind of disappointing, really. But, yeah, the first one was hella cool.
Yeah, I suppose, but by the time I had access to the Tanooki suit in SMB3, I had already made a collection of Raccoon Leafs and P-Wings. The Tanooki suit only really had the statue aspect pulling for it, and as you pointed out, this tanooki suit is really a glorified raccoon leaf (IIRC this tanooki suit even comes from the Raccoon leaf). Personally I always thought the Hammer Bros suit and the giant boot were more fun.

do japanese raccoons turn into statues? That is a very strange power. I think I'll go look it up... Can't believe I never thought about it before... odd that I just kinda accepted it in the past...
True, true, but can a hat match the sheer awesomeness of a full raccoon suit? I say nay! I was a big fan of the frog suit, too, especially in non-water levels. Absolutely hilarious.
hopefully they will incorporate more than just the tanooki suit into this game. frog suit in 3D? I'd say it would make both the land and water levels more interesting.