PAY for ketchup at a McDonald's? ARE YOU MAD?!?

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Jeronus said:
ninsnip

Foiled by ninjas again! >:[
Yeah, they're sneaky like that.

but no, I can respect others in the service industry. Hell, I work in a hotel and basically get paid to be people on vacation's *****. I've had to deal with every cockhead you can think of, so I would never really bag on an employee unless they deserved it.

Snor

Mar 17, 2009
MAD? MAD? this is MCDONALDS!!! *if this has been done already i am sorry*

i always take the weird mayonese they have here...its like...green ish yellow but tastes good :)

MattyDienhoff

Jan 3, 2008
This reminds me of the time I bought some chips (that's "fries" to Americans) at some little shop out in the middle of nowhere, and found that I had to pay extra for salt.

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
I think if I found out the local McDonald's was charging for their ketchup, I'd wait until midnight and go use spray-paint on their nice, clean windows in the shape of a Carl's Jr star. (Hardee's for you Eastern US-ers). Only thing good McDonald's has anymore are their chicken sandwiches...otherwise, their food is absolute garbage that I wouldn't even feed to a starving homeless person.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I've never had this happen, but then again, I haven't gone to McDonalds in over 8 years.

I hope that the extra money would go towards something for the customer, like paying someone to clean the bathrooms, but I'm going to go ahead and guess that it will be going into the pockets of those in higher authority. :(

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
I did notice that once but I can't remember where. They charged 10 cents for 3 packs. It was on a trip somewhere either Las Vegas or Alanta but it does not matter because I"m more of a Wedneys eater (spelling's wrong I know, I know).

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
King of the Sandbox said:
When did this start? I mean, yeah the barbecue sauce costs a little extra, because it's more than a single packet. But ketchup? Seriously?
Hence why I go to In N Out. All the ketchup, pepper (I mix them for flavor), and banana peppers you want for not a cent more.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
JoshGod said:
Timboslice said:
Thats not as bad as paying to use the restroom in the McDonalds I go to. It's fucking bogus.
you should shit in the sink then.
Try that at the train station in leeds. You pay 20p to pee, or you get shot. Yes, it's not rare to see police hanging around with MP5s there. Then again, that's just to make the football hooligans think twice. They just use the dogs to savage everyone else.

Jun 3, 2009
Saargston said:
That's a pretty saucy thing to do. I've never been one to condiment Mickey D's (I actually think their food is horrible), but this is just ridiculous. I knew that they'd take a long time to ketchup with the rest of the fast food industry in terms of quality and service, but it's ridiculous. How could they possibly mustard up the nerve to do such a thing!?
You're a bad man.

OT: My cafeteria at school started charging for the packages too. A little silly I think, but whatever, I just stopped eating there. Did wonders for my waistline and wallet too.

death525

Aug 29, 2009
youve never been to europe then
they charge for everything
bathrooms, extra ketchup
its BS

Zenron

The Laughing Shadow
May 11, 2010
Mcdonalds want to get as much money as possible. They're a business, that's what they do. People are going to buy the sauce even if they have to pay for it anyway, so why wouldn't they force people to pay for it. Whether it is ethical doesn't really matter...

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Fuck Mcdonalds, Burger King is better anyway. He is after all the king of burgers.

amppi1236

Jul 27, 2009
What g
theSovietConnection said:
My local McDonald's has the little cups you fill on your own, and those are still free as far as I'm aware. Got real bad food poisoning last time I had McDoanld's and haven't eaten there since.
What gave you that food poisoning?