Pay What You Want For the New Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Bought it and upped the average amount for all the cheap people out there. I may not have a ton of money right now but this is a good cause with two games I really want to play with.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Bought one bundle for me, and another for my brother. Both for nearly twice the average.

My brother is now playing Frozen Synapse. I, however, am going to bed.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I already bought the real bundle, and frozen synapse's loading screens are so long and so recurring that I literally fall asleep playing it.

I guess I have to pass on this bundle, even though my gut is still screaming buy.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
GOTY for my money. I'm buying a couple of the bundles to gift to those few friends I have that don't have Frozen Synapse. Sort of Rainbow Six meets X-Com meets Combat Mission, and simpler and more refined than those titles without losing depth. The best multiplayer game in years and years.

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
I already have most of those games, but I might head over anyway to get the 2 I don't and to support Child's Play.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
thats rather depressing. i bought the last bundle and now they bring out this even better bundle when i have no money T-T

Eggbert

Jun 9, 2010
Tharwen said:
...is Frozen Synapse good?

Maybe that sounds cheap. I refuse to pay less than the average though...
RPS and TotalBiscuit raved about it. They loved it so much. You don't sound o'er cheap to me, as you're paying more than average. I'm still kind of torn myself.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
payed 30$ for the soundtrack edition and now i dont play it anymore. dont regret paying the money for this game but turned based games are really not my thing. i need real time. but well, i gave it a try and it is a good game, just dint work out for me as i hoped :(
but the soundtrack is awesome.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Yal said:
Son of a *****. Thanks to their two-for-the-price-of-two package I've had a gift copy of the game for months, but never actually got around to trading it away.
Aye. The worst part was that I was about to trade it this morning for the Introversion Collection, but decided against it as it was a CD key. I don't like trading for CD keys as I traded for a DiRT3 key just before the leak was released. Much stress came from it. And now I'm stuck with a literally worthless game for trading. >_< Oh well.

As for the sale conversation, that's about how I feel too. On top of the indie bundles, pretty much every PC game eventually ends up on sale on Steam for about 50% off within a year of being released. It makes buying new games feel silly.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I bought it this morning, and then posted about it on the forums. I'm kind of disappointed, actually; I know news posts are separate from the forum posts, but usually if a user makes a thread about a news item before the news room guys do, he or she gets credited in the article. It's not a big deal, but it would have been nice.

Edit: Technically, I guess that was yesterday morning at this point.

rustybroomhandle

Jun 21, 2011
I already owned the Frozenbyte Bundle, and already bought Frozen Synapse on Steam, but picked up this bundle last night for $25, just to support Mode7's decision to support Linux, and to be add some games to my collection on Desura for Linux.

And it comes with the soundtrack, which I did not own before.

The soundtrack also includes another album by nervous_testpilot, called "Module YOU.DLL Caused a General Protection Fault in Application MY_HEART.EXE" AND a chiptune album by him under the name "_ensnare_", and two FS bonus tracks. Might not be much of a game bundle for me, but it's a damn good music bundle.

And, yeah, charity, kids, whatever. :p

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Tanakh said:
GeorgW said:
I've been interested in the game for a while, this seems like the perfect time to get it! I'll still wait a bit though, by now we all know how these bundles work.
In my experience you will get all the perks of the bundle even if you go for it now. Last time I bought 2 copies of it at above average price for me and a gamer friend and around 10 more for 1 dollar each for non gaming friends on the first day and every one of those got the full perks (or they told me they did... but TBH some of them suck at computers and i didn't saw it with my own eyes).
Ah, well in that case. I'll still wait though, I want to know what I'm getting so I know what to pay.