PC/console. Just stop. Please.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I've had it. I can stay silent no longer. I'm going to get flamed to shit for this. I will get responses that will leave me in a physically painful state of rage for days on end, but I NEED to get this off my chest.

Can we just ban PC versus console arguments altogether? Because any time it happens, it goes to personal insults. "You're an idiot because you can't figure out PCS" "You have no life because you spend all your time on PCS" the more fanatical of either sides will never, ever stop. You could come up with a brilliant, watertight argument on why one is better than the other for everyone, (which is, in my opinion, impossible) and you would still get people disagreeing with you.

Similiarly, you could come up with a completely watertight argument on why neither is objectively better than the other, and it would not make a damn bit of difference to the hardcore of either side.

These arguments end in nothing but insult throwing between the two sides. Aren't we, as a community, supposed to be better than that? Apparantly not. So let's just put this fucking thing away to prevent further brain cell loss.

EDIT: Fuck. FUCKFUCKFUCK. I can't even explain how angry I am. Listen right fucking here, I KNOW THIS WON'T HELP. I COULD. NOT. FUCKING. KEEP QUIET. ANY MORE. You don't need to call me a fucking moron. WE COULD DISCUSS THE ISSUE, IF WE DIDN'T KEEP GOING TO PERSONAL FUCKING INSULTS. If that's all you're going to disagree with, if that's all you have to say, then go piss someone else off. Now I'm going to go find something to kill.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Matthew94 said:
Your post was really insightful.

*internet magic*

There, the threads will never again appear. Your wish has been granted.

Sadly, these threads will be around as long as consoles exist for the forseeable future, all you can do is ignore them. It's not like you can move them to the dungeon. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.381965-I-propose-we-banish-Gender-Feminism-threads-to-the-depths-of-R-P]

I just see it as a different version of "rooting for your side". I mean, what's the point in arguing about sports teams? Doesn't stop people, that's for sure.
Yes, but we can't seem to discuss it without getting genuinely hurtful.

And I know it's not going to stop anyone, but honestly, I literally just couldn't hold this rant in any longer. It's been a long time coming, and I can't take it any more.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
I'm used to the R&P forum so this is like child's play to me. Jaded, I am. >.>

Chaosut

Apr 8, 2009
Although I consider myself a PC gamer, I can understand your frustration. But asking people to be consistently reasonable about anything on the internet is a tall order. Through the anonymity of the internet people are more bold and forceful than they might be in person, and it doesn't take long for a discussion to devolve into an argument that is overflowing with insults and personal attacks. Then the issue here isn't 'Why are people being so unreasonable in PC vs console discussions?', but 'Why are people so aggressive/forthcoming/butthurt on the internet?'. Human nature and indifference is the answer I suppose.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
Oh good, another one of these threads.

When it's gotten to the point people are tired of seeing threads complaining about being tired of seeing threads about x, you know it's gone on so long there's no point in even bothering.

Hell, there's probably going to be someone who quotes this very post who is tired of seeing complaining about complaining about complaining about x. That's how bad it is.

Just let people be dumb and move on with your life.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Zaik said:
Oh good, another one of these threads.

When it's gotten to the point people are tired of seeing threads complaining about being tired of seeing threads about x, you know it's gone on so long there's no point in even bothering.

Hell, there's probably going to be someone who quotes this very post who is tired of seeing complaining about complaining about complaining about x. That's how bad it is.

I'm tired of seeing posts about how there's no point in even bothering! You damn kids!

[sub]Yes, that was a joke, and no, I don't know where I was going with it.[/sub]

OT: I play games on PC, Xbox 360, and PS3, so... yeah. I've never been a part of the "Console Wars".

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Zaik said:
Can't. Overpopulating the planet. Must kill a few first.

*Cocks shotgun*

Join me?

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
FalloutJack said:
Zaik said:
Can't. Overpopulating the planet. Must kill a few first.

*Cocks shotgun*

Join me?
Honestly? Can't be bothered.

It'd be like trying to kill an earthquake or a flood.

It's much less effort and generally much more efficient to just assume stupidity and prepare for the consequences than attempt to employ countermeasures.

Besides, people as a whole haven't really gotten more or less intelligent over the last 1000 years, they just have more means to express their dumbness with.

Just think: This time 300 years ago, literate people were the minority. I can't even relate to that.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Zaik said:
-Right...-
Yes, people are like the flipping tides and can't be butchered en masse and they'll just go on no matter what like we're a force of nature.

Oh wait, no. That IS nature.

Don't be silly. Every war and tragedy disagrees with that statement. Thank you so much for being such a downer with my joke.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
FalloutJack said:
Zaik said:
-Right...-
Yes, people are like the flipping tides and can't be butchered en masse and they'll just go on no matter what like we're a force of nature.

Oh wait, no. That IS nature.

Don't be silly. Every war and tragedy disagrees with that statement. Thank you so much for being such a downer with my joke.
Blah, I honestly had no idea you were joking.

Not sure if it was hard to tell or if I've just been awake way too long.

Ruzinus

May 20, 2010
Zaik said:
Besides, people as a whole haven't really gotten more or less intelligent over the last 1000 years, they just have more means to express their dumbness with.
Ooh ooh ooh, this is a fun spin off. So, since the invention of this IQ concept thingy, the average IQ has gotten higher (and been re-averaged, but whatever) every generation through... well generation might not be the best word, but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

Now there's all sorts of arguments about if IQ actually reflects intelligence very well, but there is probably some positive correlation between the two.

I'm a fan of the "less lead poisoning" explanation, but the why isn't the point.

Grape_Bullion

Mar 8, 2012
PC vs Console threads are the greatest thing that ever happened to online video game conversation. Everyone and anyone can let out their pent up aggression in these threads. Look past your personal frustration and think of all the other angry bastards letting their vocabulary cannons loose over a topic that has no real point in their every day life.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I don't dispute that the topic has no real merit for discussion, but what you describe, OP, pretty much sums up the internet as a whole.

Occasionally I spot a few informed discussions on this site, but it almost always boils down to one side refusing to back down from their opinion, another side refusing to back down from their opinion, and finally the group in the middle who refuse to back down from not giving a fuck either way.

And for every one person who tries to be rational and say 'let's look at all the facts' there are ten people who will beat him down, saying 'nuh uh, that's not true because I've had a different experience.'

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
I concur. Those arguments are pointless and boring now. They're all just trying to convert each other and it's not gonna happen.

Having said that, they will keep coming. I really wish everyone could reasonable enough to figure out that they shouldn't give a flying fuck about what the other guy plays with. But they don't. And they won't.

So the best think we can do is ignore those elitist bastards and move on. Just like each side hasn't managed to fully convert the opposite side, we're not gonna be able to fully convince neither side to just stop. Because interwebz.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
What can you do mate, people engage in this because they like to and we all know an internet argument has never ever come to a conclusion... so we get perpetual fun for the whole family.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Ruzinus said:
You could not click on those threads?

Problem solved. You're welcome.
oh come on, atleast come up with a reasonable solution / sarcasm

yh basicially what this guy said, its like the same thing with the Skyrim threads and ME3 threads, if you didnt want to read them, dont click on them it isnt rocket science

Imperius

Sep 13, 2010
No we will not stop until the last of the consolers have been destroyed!

All hail the glorious PC Master Race!

o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/

*On a serious note, if you dont like hearing arguments on the internet, then seal yourself in a capsule and drop it into the Marianas trench. Cause that's the only way you'll be able to get away from it... ^.^

Or you could go Amish....

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
To be fair, the OP has a point. The PC vs Console Threads are one thing, i mean each has advantages and disadvantages, which only the eal crazy and ignorant on either side tend to ignore to push their "superior choice" down someone elses throat.

The Problem is that the whole..raging and bashing and generally stupidity that leads to the flamewars, i.e. the whole PC vs Console War thing that should stop. Now granted thats prolly unlikely to happen, this being the Internet and all but i dont really see much of a problem with at least keeping that shit to a minimum, wanna discuss it? fine, just stop bitching cause you bought a dreamcast and not a PS2 and have to justify your decision.

If you get that reference, you are old and you have my sympathy.