Pc Gamers.. simple questions about multiple monitors. Why use them?

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I have 2 monitors, games usually just run on the main one though so it's not for any gaming advantages really, just so I can see background things on the other monitor. Chat, facebook, steam downloads and whatnot. I also constantly have a Rainmeter thing running on the 2nd monitor with important information such as GPU/CPU temperatures and CPU/RAM usage so if they ever do peak I'll know about it.

Just means I can game without having to worry about missing out on some important email or anything else in the real world without alt tabbing, just a quick glance during a loading screen to see nothing new has bleeped and back to gaming.

As my monitors are different sizes and that I only have 2 spanning a game across both tends to be pointless, a crosshair would sit in the middle of both which is the worse place possible for it.

Really couldn't live without a 2nd monitor any more though, next computer ramping it up to 3 of the same size.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
ResonanceSD said:
When gaming, immersion.

When not gaming. Put shit up on either side.

=D
Everyone's forgetting the *real* main reason.

You can pretend you're a Bond villain with a wall full of TV screens.

After I get a second screen, I want a multi-monitor screensaver that looks like that mobile phone radar from Batman.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
ksn0va said:
Downside is 90% of the time it's like looking through a fisheye lens.
Well, that's if your monitors aren't the same size and resolution ;-) In my computer animation class we have dual monitors, but the second one is a bit smaller so I always have to shrink the menus when moving them over. I'd still not trade the second monitor for anything in the world, but it is frustrating at times.