PC Gamers: will you buy Mass Effect 3 if it's not on Steam?

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Sure thing! But then I have a heated grudge against Steam. Haven't gotten around to playing the second game yet, but the first one I bought in a store and that didn't run on Steam, so that's always a plus.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
The Pinray said:
blizzaradragon said:
The Pinray said:
Well if that's the case then I guess I'll probably purchase a hard copy. I really don't feel like downloading Origin, honestly. But I'll do anything to get my Mass Effect 3. I'm so excited for this game.
Same, I've had my copy pre-ordered for about 4 months now. Still got a ways to go, but holy crap it's gonna be awesome. You gonna get the regular version or the collector's edition?
Collector's Edition, of course! I've been saving up my pennies. Setting aside a bit from every paycheck. I've watched every single video, read any article I can find, and currently replaying the first and second games. Every game is just filler till ME3, ha ha. I'm so excited to finish off the story. I need to pre-order it. I keep forgetting. The whole Steam vs. Origin or 360 vs. Ps3 is all irrelevant when it comes to Mass Effect.
Haha good man! Honestly the thing I'm most excited for in the CE is the robot dog lol. I had too much fun feeding my fish and messing with the hamster in ME2, so I'm gonna waste away hours playing with that damn dog.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Well...

If it's on gamersgate, I will probably get it there anyways.

If it's physical, I might also get it there.

Steam is likely going to be a secondary option for me from now on... Getting SSFIV from steam was a bad idea for me :(

I would probably get it on steam if I caught it at a sale, which there's a possibility that I won't do.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i will if it is not on steam, i will however not buy it if it requires origin. in that case i am screwed unless i can use my PC save from ME2 with a PS3

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
Well that's a rather silly question, of course I'll buy it, even if I can only get it on Origin, because I want to see how the story concludes.

Arafiro

Mar 26, 2010
I'm buying it one way or another, Mass Effect is one of the greatest game series ever. I won't let EA ruin that for me. However, if they indeed do hold it back from Steam, there shall be no forgiveness for EA for all eternity from me.

Caligulust

Apr 3, 2010
I'm not liking how it looks so far, but there's a chance I would.

If it is on Origin, however, there is no chance.

Greenstripe0

Apr 2, 2010
I'm buying it. I don't care what it's on or if I have to buy a physical copy. It will be purchased. How is this even a question?

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
To be honest I'm going to get a copy of Mass Effect 3 one way or another. And I'm not dealing with Origin. What that translates to, I'm not sure yet.

Oct 30, 2010
No, since I have the first 2 on 360, I will complete the set there, even if I'm primarily PC.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Sightless Wisdom said:
To be honest I'm going to get a copy of Mass Effect 3 one way or another. And I'm not dealing with Origin. What that translates to, I'm not sure yet.
Pretty much this, if it's on steam I'll get it there, if not well I'll figure something out.

LordKnightLani

Jun 21, 2008
I will be buying Mass Effect 3. Even if it's announced they only have plans to distribute the game via carrier pigeon or alleyway salesman.

That said, I will be very disappointed if it's not on Steam. More of the sorrowful kind of sad than the angry sort of sad. Which in a way, is worse.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
The truth is, I love Steam, but Origin isn't terrible by any stretch of the imagination. I don't like EA however. I will not deny myself of games that they make, certainly not of ones I need to see through to the end. So, as it stands, there is literally only 3 games in EA future I am going to purchase. They are: Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 3, and The Old Republic. After that I am done completely with them. They don't appreciate their customers and they give us no love at all. I don't see any problem in playing games you wish to play, but I won't be purchasing through Origin EVER. I will get a physical copy and keep my disc. I'll even register it through origin so I can get it forever, even if the disc is gone. But I will universally only do my digital buying through Steam. I know there are going to be all sorts of flaming going on with this very sensitive subject, but lick my balls if you have a problem with what I said. I do wish I bought Deus Ex Human Revolution through a physical store though, that is why I'm waiting to hear about Skyrim.

cfehunter

Oct 5, 2010
I'd buy it from almost anywhere but a service owned by EA. I remember the EA store.

So aslong as it's available somewhere other than origin I'd buy it if it wasn't on steam.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Seeing as how I play the mass effect games mainly on 360, the answer is a "maybe", as I ended up buying PC versions, too, anyway just to see the differences. But yea, if I do get it on PC, it'll probably be a physical copy. I have no real brand loyalty to steam, EA hasn't done as much as certain others to annoy me (fuck off acti-blizzard!), and it's the sequel to my personal favorite game. No brainer, really.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
No.
I didn't buy the first two on Steam; they were gifted to me out of the blue for my birthday.

While they were decent, they are nowhere near good enough to warrant me using EA's Origin.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I will buy a hard copy. I don't mind attaching my games to Origin but I won't pay for and download a game through it. I don't trust EA enough. I know too many people (mostly Sims players) who have been ripped off by their old EA download manager.