PC GAMES ONLY!

theloneassassin

Jan 1, 2011
Hey guys list all of your favorite PC only games on here :) i will gladly look them up and see if i want to try them out! i like any type of game as long as its fun from things like Ultima to Deus x, But I am looking for some other fun games doesn't matter if they are underrated or hardly anyone knows about them! I love rpg games with vast detail (not graphical but play wise)

Apr 28, 2008
Go to GoG.com and buy Baldur's Gate 1+2, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale 1+2, and Neverwinter Nights.

All are about $10, and optimized for current operating systems.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
heroes of might and magic V, kings bounty (and all expansions) dawn of war, dawn of war 2, company of heroes, sins of a solar empire, league of legends (free), star wars empire at war, tons of indi games on steam, command and conquer red alert 3. guild wars, rise of legends, witcher, bloodbowl

those are the only pc exclusive ones I can think of that I loves

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
Mount and Blade Warband, you can get the demo to the first on Steam, it's similar and a very good intro to the incredibly addictive game.
Also check out the Total war games if your pc is able to handle it.

Mr.Amakir

Jun 2, 2010
Irridium said:
Go to GoG.com and buy Baldur's Gate 1+2, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale 1+2, and Neverwinter Nights.

Pretty much what i was going to say.

I could recommend the Penumbra games. A series of horror games made by the guys who did Amnesia and to be honest Penumbra: Black Plague have a better story than Amnesias dull "good vs evil" tale. SWAT 4 is also quite fun. A realistic shooter were you need to follow correct police procedures which is more fun than it sounds. SWAT 4 can be a little hard though.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
SammiYin said:
Mount and Blade Warband, you can get the demo to the first on Steam, it's similar and a very good intro to the incredibly addictive game.
Also check out the Total war games if your pc is able to handle it.

Blast, you beat me to the M&B, but you didn't beat me to MEIN KRAFT!

wait... not that one.... this one...

Yay minecraft!

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
BattleField 2 - Still a great massive player FPS
Planetside - Kind of the same deal as BF2 but futureistic (Or you could just get Battlefiled 2142 but the community is lacking for that one.)
Any of the MMOs a good for killing time. (If thats your thing)
Minecraft (It is that good)
Diablo 2
Dungeon Keeper
Galactic Civ

Hop on Steam and buy a few games from the under 5$ listing. (Might suck but always a chance of being great.)

Dunvi

Feb 5, 2011
DeeWiz said:
The Witcher!
Meh. I'm playing it right now, and it's interesting enough storywise that I'm seeing it through, but I hate the combat system, especially combined with the camera choices. If it's that precise a timing based combat system, the lack of enemy lock (therefore requiring precision as well) is just lame. I've gotten killed so many times because I broke my combo by clicking the ground instead of the enemy, lost all my momentum, and then swore at Geralt for 30 seconds trying to get him to attack anything again, at which point I usually die, reload, and kill the enemy that just killed me without even trying. And the Chapter I final boss, that was just a ridiculous ganking because I didn't know that I should have focused on oils for (basically) that one battle, that's easy as pie with and nearly impossible without (the only way to win without oils is to throw the air sign, die, and reload until you by chance get a coup-de-gras in, which is something like a 1-in-10 chance at that point).

Also, the dice minigame is just beyond lame. A chance based game (that I suspect is weighted judging by the results I've been getting)? So frustrating.

That, and the game sounds like it was written by a 14 year old boy.

However, besides these issues I do like the game enough to keep playing it, and the rpg qualities of it are quite satisfying.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, still to dates best FPS game on the PC(it understood the term, balance between classes). But if you want more strategy games, X-com(the first 2 games).

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
RTSs:
Homeworld 1&2
Dawn of War 1&2
Starcraft 1
All the Total War games

Shooters:
Battlefield 2
STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat
Metro 2033
Eternal Silence (Half-Life 2 mod)

Those first four are, in my opinion, the best strategy games ever made, in that order.

The last four are just my favorite PC-only shooters.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Stranded 2: It's free, fun and I really love it. It's like if Minecraft were a survival game and not a building game, really. It's really fun and again, free.

Arx Fatalis: It's an amazing RPG, is really cheap on Steam and I recently got an let's player (great guy) addicted to it. There's a demo on Steam but I fear it might not have been patched like the full version.

C&C Generals: It's amazing fun, costs a small amount of money and you can play as three very different and very fun armies.

Soldier of Fortune 1: Amazingly detailed violence, cheesy story line, solid gameplay and again, should be dirt cheap.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines: An amazing game with great depth, story and voice acting but you've got to fan-patch it or it's amazingly buggy, due to the dev going out of business due to lack of sales at the time.

I certainly hope that's a good enough list of games to keep you tided over. With Stranded 2, you can get stuck in for almost an eternity in the non-story mode.

Who Dares Wins

Dec 26, 2009
Irridium said:

YOU FORGOT FALLOUT!!! No seriously, Fallout 1 and 2 are probably the best RPGs I ever played. Also I have only heard good things about Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.