PC Games you are surprised aren't digitally available?

Irregular Dice

Mar 27, 2014
Shaun Kennedy said:
So the other day I had a hankering to play the game "The Movies" again but I couldn't find one of my discs so I decided I'd forego the "pleasant" experience of digging through my closet for one disc and just buy it digitally...

Steam? Nope.
GoG? Not a chance
...Origin? Nadda

This game isn't available for digital download!

I went looking around and apparently some other titles from Lionhead aren't available either, like Black & White and it's sequel Black & White 2

This got me wondering:

What other PC Games aren't currently available digitally? Is there any explanation for this?

Captcha = Join the millions!
When I saw the thread title, that's the game that instantly came to mind. I miss that game greatly. Get to it GoG!

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
The first two Civilization games. They were brilliant, but aren't available digitally. Colonization and Alpha Centauri are available on GOG, Civilization 3-5 are on Steam, but the first two Civilization games are nowhere to be found.

Actually Civ 3 to 5 are 75% off on Steam right now. Get them while they're hot. But not Civ 1 or 2.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Dalisclock said:
American McGee's Alice. Not on Steam, GOG or anything I've seen. Supposedly, it was included on disc for one of the console versions of madness returns, but the PC apparently got shafted in that deal.
It was on Steam a while back but it got pulled about a year ago when Origin started trying to really make a push. I actually have it on Steam from either last year's sale or 2012's. As far as I know, it is still on Origin.

Also I agree about Homeworld. It's odd that it isn't widely available considering the following it has.

For me it is 1503 AD (Anno). It is my favorite in the series and you can find every other one of them online. 1404 is a bit hard to come by I will say.

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
Grim Fandango. The last of the Golden Age of LucasArts adventure games. Not available anywhere. I still have my discs, but it's a damn shame that no one who doesn't have them can't play it. Nowadays, I'm sure they're holding back for the sake of the remake, but that's a very recent development; it was held back even while all (or nearly all, I'm not sure) of its siblings were released. Dangit, Disney, what's the holdup?

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
The only really deserving response is Deadpool, which was removed from all storefronts and cannot be sold because "fuck disney".

It's a great game and I'm glad I bought it before the take down.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Now that Tron 2.0 is out, I'm hoping to see No One Lives Forever soon. I'd happily pay $5 each to have them digitally.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
I'd like to see Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis for sale digitally. While I'm at it, maybe SimTower as well. I'd pay a couple bucks if it meant not having to dick around with a DOSBox every time I wanted to play it.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
Dalisclock said:
American McGee's Alice. Not on Steam, GOG or anything I've seen. Supposedly, it was included on disc for one of the console versions of madness returns, but the PC apparently got shafted in that deal.
No not really, it was part of the pre-order through Origin. If you do the workaround to enable all the DLC dresses it opens up the option to start American McGee's Alice as well. If you have the disk version you can set it to start that if you didn't pre-order.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Nazulu said:
Old Blizzard games. They still sell the original full expansion boxes that you need to dick around with to work on the newer operating systems. Some people say they have no problem, but some still do and I find that ridiculous. Wish they would just pop up on Gog already.
You know that you can register them on Blizzard website and get the download version right? I did, never used the discs just bought, registered keys, put box packed away and used digital copy.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Crimson Skies. Not the admittedly quite competent Xbox exclusive, but the outstanding Windows original.

And as great as GOG is for reviving some of the best games from yesteryear, sometimes they only ALMOST get it right, so bearing in mind they are available, just not properly, I'd also include

Star Wars: X-Wing- Collector's CD-ROM
Star Wars: TIE Fighter- Collector's CD ROM

and above all:

Interstate '76 Arsenal

Jiggle Counter

Sep 18, 2014
CommanderZx2 said:
Battlezone (1998) and Battlezone II: Combat Commander are fantastic real time RTS/FPS hybrid games, but currently not available digitally.

Mechwarrior all the old classic games that haven't been released digitally.
I was searching for those not too long ago, was surprised that they weren't sold digitally anywhere.

I'll add Monopoly Tycoon to the list.

I wasn't really interested in Monopoly till I played that.

theSovietConnection said:
I'd like to see Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis for sale digitally.
I have the feeling they don't sell it because it's pretty damn hard to get running on a modern computer.

I've tried it on six different gaming rigs, and for some damn reason it only ran on a virtualized Windows ME.

J.McMillen

Sep 11, 2008
CommanderZx2 said:
No One Lives Forever and the sequel are both quirky 1960s spy games where you play as a female thief turned spy. It's such a shame that it is not available digitally.
I still have my physical copies, but would re-buy them on Steam if they became available.

jackknife402

Aug 25, 2008
CommanderZx2 said:
Die Hard games there was a Die Hard Trilogy of on rail shooters and some decent FPS.

Star Trek games there are loads of classic Star Trek games that are not available such as Star Trek: 25th Anniversary.
These ones I believe are abandonware and you can find them on abandonware sites. I have personally done 25th anniversary. The Dune games are there as well.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
RicoADF said:
Nazulu said:
Old Blizzard games. They still sell the original full expansion boxes that you need to dick around with to work on the newer operating systems. Some people say they have no problem, but some still do and I find that ridiculous. Wish they would just pop up on Gog already.
You know that you can register them on Blizzard website and get the download version right? I did, never used the discs just bought, registered keys, put box packed away and used digital copy.
I'll have to put a 'resolved' sign next to my original post next time, but thank you anyway. Though the original Diablo and Warcraft 1 and 2 don't seem to be available.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Nazulu said:
I'll have to put a 'resolved' sign next to my original post next time, but thank you anyway. Though the original Diablo and Warcraft 1 and 2 don't seem to be available.
Your correct that WC1/2 and Diablo 1 isn't included as they are not sold in the Warchests. It sounds like they may be released for free soon on Blizzard's website however god knows when.
Your welcome, just figured that you may not have been aware that you can get the CD copy and claim a digital one as well. :)

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
RicoADF said:
Nazulu said:
Your correct that WC1/2 and Diablo 1 isn't included as they are not sold in the Warchests. It sounds like they may be released for free soon on Blizzard's website however god knows when.
Your welcome :)
That sounds too good, releasing the classic for free. Hard to believe but I'll be thrilled if it does happen. Thanks for that too.

By the way, NOD is superior :)

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
oh. I also forgot to mention All command an Conquer Games. At least all the ones that came out before West Wood collapsed.