PC Gaming Alliance President Trashes LucasArts

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
You're too sensitive Codgo. I was merely pointing out a fallacy that has annoyed me for a while.

As I've said; PC gamers don't have higher standards, there's more PC gamers with high standards (in comparison to the general population).

destroyer2k

Oct 12, 2008
Eldritch Warlord post=7.74524.838771 said:
You're too sensitive Codgo. I was merely pointing out a fallacy that has annoyed me for a while.

As I've said; PC gamers don't have higher standards, there's more PC gamers with high standards (in comparison to the general population).
And wtf is your meaning like with this "PC gamers don't have higher standards, there's more PC gamers with high standards" now if most of pc gamers want more quality games that means pc gamers have higher standard than console gamer (and I don't get it how in hell people like star wars: tfu because it was really bad). It doesn't matter a few %, in statistic all what it matters is that wich side has more % so if pc gamers want an actually god game (and if only it has 51% with this opinion) than it means pc gamers has higher standart.

This wasn't a flame for console guys, but I just said what is real I have a console and only 1 game is actually god for my standart (for some of you it is low I think but battlefield: bad company is the best multiplayer game on console, even cod4 can't compare to it).

ObnoxiousTwat

Sep 28, 2008
Apparently 'very powerful' means £400 and two years old these days.

I didn't realise the American economy was so dead that £400=$4,000 dollars. Learn something new everyday. ;D

£400=$4,000 dollars? At that price we might as well move to Mexico. ¡Hola Señor!

DarkLordofDevon

May 11, 2008
Personally I deny that Lucas Arts haven't produced good PC games in a long time.

Knights of the Old Republic and Empire at War were excellent games. KotOR introduced new characters and concepts whilst EaW allowed you to destroy Naboo and all those Gungans with a Death Star. KotOR 2 may have had issues, but KotOR was a great new game with a style quite different from the same old stuff Lucas Art had been churning out. Empire at War took the idea of a SW Strategy and made it large scale, including the ability to command entire fleets of Star Destroyers.

Honestly, if you like Star Wars but DON'T like those games, I think there is something seriously wrong. And if you don't like Star Wars - obviously you probably won't like the games anyway.

Lucas Arts isn't perfect, but then again no one is. Still, give them a little credit.

ReepNeep

Jan 21, 2008
DarkLordofDevon post=7.74524.838856 said:
Personally I deny that Lucas Arts haven't produced good PC games in a long time.

Knights of the Old Republic and Empire at War were excellent games. KotOR introduced new characters and concepts whilst EaW allowed you to destroy Naboo and all those Gungans with a Death Star. KotOR 2 may have had issues, but KotOR was a great new game with a style quite different from the same old stuff Lucas Art had been churning out. Empire at War took the idea of a SW Strategy and made it large scale, including the ability to command entire fleets of Star Destroyers.

Honestly, if you like Star Wars but DON'T like those games, I think there is something seriously wrong. And if you don't like Star Wars - obviously you probably won't like the games anyway.

Lucas Arts isn't perfect, but then again no one is. Still, give them a little credit.
The KotOR games were made by Bioware and Obsidian Entertainment, respectively, and merely published by Lucas Arts. KotOR 2 was outright ruined by Lucas Arts' decision to ship the game when it was around 75-80% done. Empire at War was a mediocre game that, once again, was made not by Lucas Arts, but Petroglyph.

KotOR, which we've already established Lucas Arts did not make, was released more than five years ago. To find an in-house that was worth playing you have to go back to the late 90s with Jedi Knight and Grim Fandango, which happened to be around the time they axed 'The Cleverness Divison'.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
destroyer2k post=7.74524.838790 said:

And wtf is your meaning like with this "PC gamers don't have higher standards, there's more PC gamers with high standards" now if most of pc gamers want more quality games that means pc gamers have higher standard than console gamer (and I don't get it how in hell people like star wars: tfu because it was really bad). It doesn't matter a few %, in statistic all what it matters is that wich side has more % so if pc gamers want an actually god game (and if only it has 51% with this opinion) than it means pc gamers has higher standart.

This wasn't a flame for console guys, but I just said what is real I have a console and only 1 game is actually god for my standart (for some of you it is low I think but battlefield: bad company is the best multiplayer game on console, even cod4 can't compare to it).
Maybe I'm too literal. It would be correct to say that the average standard for PC gamers is higher but you can't really quantify "standards" so there's no way to average it. Therefore the only way to compare standards is on an individual basis so the probability of randomly choosing a PC gamer with high standards is greater than that for a console gamer. There are console gamers with very high standards just as there are PC gamers with very high standards. Basically what I'm saying is you can't form a comparitive between the two populations because the quality you're comparing cannot be quantitized for averaging in order to represent the respective populations as singular entities.

Just the way I think I guess.

Royas

Apr 25, 2008

6 of one, half dozen of the other. If there are more PC gamers with high standards than the general population, that sort of actually does mean that PC gamers have higher standards on average. You're really splitting some semantical hairs there.

Personally, I enjoyed Force Unleashed on the PS3, but I didn't see anything in there that my PC couldn't have done as well or better... and my machine is 3 years old and hasn't been upgraded graphically in that time. LucasArts really needs to be a bit more careful about letting their people openly lie in the press, it's not very becoming.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Last great LucasArts game was Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, which was awesome and original.

So obviously that dev. team got fired and more Ewoks were hired.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Lt. Sera post=7.74524.837435 said:
They make it for the Wii and then say the game couldn't run on an average PC? Who ever came up with that excuse should get fired.
Ten bucks says it's the same idiot that had RE4's graphics nerfed in the pc version.